st tammany fire and goodbee

Status
Not open for further replies.

riccom

Premium Subscriber
-.- .- -. ... .- ... / -.-. .. - -.-- / -- ---
i have noticed that there is something i am missing about the st tammany fire and goodbee.
I have ems 1 and 2 east programmed in, but then once in a while. when they go on an ems channel, they go on the east side ems, and goodbee is near the tangi line.
was there a re-designation of departments i am not aware of, and also sun and bush is never heard on the trs system,
has something changed?

Technoguy58

I have noticed that PERHAPS (don't know for sure) that the east and west designations on some talkgroups may be merging or something. Not sure what is changing. I hear sun and bush occasionally but they are not real busy. Never were real busy on VHF. Might still be using VHF some.

Technoguy58

Might want to check that. Just looked again . Their license now says DMR not NXDN. I have a customer that had to install a small NXDN repeater to continue use of the equipment they had already.

i have noticed that there is something i am missing about the st tammany fire and goodbee.
I have ems 1 and 2 east programmed in, but then once in a while. when they go on an ems channel, they go on the east side ems, and goodbee is near the tangi line.
was there a re-designation of departments i am not aware of, and also sun and bush is never heard on the trs system,
has something changed?

yeah fire district 1 in Slidell now dispatches for district 13 and Covington fire and continues to dispatch for 1, 11 and 7

riccom

Premium Subscriber
-.- .- -. ... .- ... / -.-. .. - -.-- / -- ---
fire district one is in slidell, and covers slidell now covington is its own department, and has covers 13 and covington proper.
Unifire 1 is from the covingtion mandieville dispatch center
fire district one dispatches for the following
7th district and fire district 11 and fire district 1 (slidell metro)
fire district 12 and 5 and 4 and 2 and 6 and 3 and the rest of the parish are coverd by the st tammany unifire dispatch in mandieville!

Attachments

• ST_Parish_Fire_District_Map.jpg
    ST_Parish_Fire_District_Map.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 13
When the new 911 center opened in Lacombe, Covington Fire Dept (COV), who used to dispatch for Covington Fire (COV) and Goodbee Fire (13), decided to dissolve and go with Slidell Fire (1) for their dispatching needs.

jim202

I believe that all St. Tammany dispatching is now done at the new 911 center in Lacombe. There seemed to be some strong arm activity going on by the 911 director who told all the outlying dispatching that was going on that he would no longer support the 911 telephone equipment they were using. The central 911 center has been the collector for all the 911 surr charges from the telephone company for the entire Parish.

As these few dispatching locations were not receiving the telephone 911 surr charges, they could not support the 911 telephone equipment on their own. As a result, they were forced to combine their efforts at the central 911 center.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.