St.Tammany Parish Public Safety System

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd5pck

Please tell me if I am reading the info. in the database correctly. The St. Tammany Parish Public Safety System is a mix of digital and analog EDACS signals. Correct? Has anyone had any luck monitoring the system in all or part? Interested in hearing about others success/failures with monitoring this system.
Thanks!

radiogirl

St Tammany

Not really sure what you want. Like the database says, the system is a mix of digital and analog. Almost all of it is digital. Put the frequencies in the right LCN order in your radio and once in a blue moon you will hear some analog traffic. RARELY. There is some traffic by the public works guys -- dump trucks, road crews, etc. All the SO and various PD's in the parish are using ProVoice. You cannot listen as there is no scanner able to monitor this traffic. This has been beat to death about ProVoice on these forums. Forget it. You can't hear it. By the way, I live in St. Tammany and have monitored this system for years in times past. Maybe someday it will change.

kd5pck

I figured that since the database had it listed as a mix of analog and digital that I was pretty much out of luck hearing any sheriff's office traffic. I was just curious as to what anyone WAS hearing and what it was that they were hearing.
Maybe one day the folks in charge will change thier mind about propriatary rights and that will allow for a scanner to be manufactured that can decode the ProVoice system. But I think we have a better chance of the agencies switching to another digital system that we are able to monitor.

Thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.