St. Tammany Parish Simulcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsmooth

Hello All, more frequencies were added to St. Tammany Parish's Simulcast System that are not listed on RR. I took a screen shot using Unitrunker.

Attachments

• unitrunker.jpg
    unitrunker.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 325

Dufus

Thanks a million. How did you discover this as I'd like to learn how. I'm using Unitrunker also but am new at it. Also have a bcd996p2 that i'm trying to learn.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Being one of the surrounding areas for Metro NOLA,and fully used by NOLA (Note the NOPD TG?)! And the fact that the LWIN isn't upgrading to Phase II for a good while, they need the buttload of freqs just like the NOLA downtown sites to handle the traffic.

Last edited by a moderator:

tsmooth

Thanks a million. How did you discover this as I'd like to learn how. I'm using Unitrunker also but am new at it. Also have a bcd996p2 that i'm trying to learn.
All i did was re input the control channel in unitrunker and the new frequencies showed up.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Dufus

I'm in Hickory probably less than a mile from the tower. I manually added the freqs and lcns via the site window. I also updated from RR via the site window. One setup uses the little antenna's that came with the sdr's. The other set up uses a homebrew antenna. I'm so close to the tower in Hickory that without any antenna I still get the simulcast. Maybe I missed a step in adding the freqs.?? From the site window I opened the 'channels' windows, added the data there, saved, rebooted, restarted last week. Still no hits on the new freqs. Are you getting a lot of hits on these channels? thanks for the reply.

tsmooth

Ok i looked up your zip code in unitrunker you have to put your control channel as 769.20625 it wont generate the frequencies that i have because im using control channel 770.16875 because of my location

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Dufus

70452 is my zip. just north of Pearl River. hwy 41 and hwy 36. how do I look that up? trying to get the freq you gave me to take. keeps going back to the 770.16875 thanks. trying to learn.

Dufus

769.20625 doesn't do anything for me. went back to 770.16875. i'm seeing frequency changes during the conversations so i must be getting at least most of the traffic. not sure what is up in my area on the new frequencies you gave. over my head for sure but hey thanks for trying to set me straight. maybe it will sink in my skull later. lol

Dufus

70452 is my zip. just north of Pearl River. hwy 41 and hwy 36. how do I look that up? trying to get the freq you gave me to take. keeps going back to the 770.16875 thanks. trying to learn.

okay was trying to add it to the channels via the site window, now i went to the receiver dongle and used that freq for control and picked up no traffic. thanks. i'll just stick with 770.16875 until i get smarter. lol thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.