St. Tammany Parish

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthew6715

Premium Subscriber
Hello I was wanting to know if STPSO and STFD will be switching to P25 anytime soon. I was also wanting to know if anyone would know which radio they would recommend to me in order to listen to ProVoice.

PS: A guy from Harris told me that they were thinking of switching, but I haven't seen him in a while.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
To monitor EDACS ProVOICE, you need to feed audio from the discriminator tap to PC run DSD+ etc... And if they are running encryption all bets are off. I have heard they were thinking of upgrading to either LWIN, or Harris p25ip, but have no confirmation. Whatever they do it will be soon. EDACS goes bye bye in 2017 I believe.

matthew6715

Premium Subscriber
I will be purchasing a radio that can receive ProVoice. I already checked with people from Harris and STPSO and STFD and they said that I can legally do this and that STPSO and STFD is not encrypted.

jim202

Hello I was wanting to know if STPSO and STFD will be switching to P25 anytime soon. I was also wanting to know if anyone would know which radio they would recommend to me in order to listen to ProVoice.

PS: A guy from Harris told me that they were thinking of switching, but I haven't seen him in a while.

St. Tammany is in the early stages of moving toward a P25 system. I think you will see it happen maybe the third or 4th quarter of 2015. Equipment will probably be a mix of their newer Harris equipment and Motorola user equipment.

ca702

St. Tammany is in the early stages of moving toward a P25 system. I think you will see it happen maybe the third or 4th quarter of 2015. Equipment will probably be a mix of their newer Harris equipment and Motorola user equipment.

Agree. Sometime in 2015, St. Tammany, including most agencies in the parish, will be switching to LWIN. Tower build out starting soon.

balibago

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Great

It's exciting to see yet another forward thinking local government recognize the new and exciting features of sophisticated P25 based public safety communications devices. I feel safer both for St. Tammany parish residents and visitors "just passing through" as well.

pinkfish457

Up until a few days ago, I was able to receive the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office control channel on 854.11250, and using Unitrunker & DSD+ able to listen to them. Today that channel and all of the other control channels assigned to STPSO are quiet. I plugged those freqs into my PRO-106 just to confirm and it doesn't pick them up either.

Any suggestions?

jim202

Up until a few days ago, I was able to receive the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office control channel on 854.11250, and using Unitrunker & DSD+ able to listen to them. Today that channel and all of the other control channels assigned to STPSO are quiet. I plugged those freqs into my PRO-106 just to confirm and it doesn't pick them up either.

Any suggestions?

There should be no change in operation at this point. Maybe a site problem. Let us know if it is still out tomorrow.

INDY72

I would also check their conventional freqs, and do wildcards on LWIN big time just to have peace of mind.

INDY72

Unknown at this time, but I would Bet LEA's have some encryption for TAC's etc...

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
Milf, the vhf system for stpso is deprecated, I know, cause only jail ops are on the vhf,
So my guess is they went to the new p25 state system till they roll there own out?
My question is will it require less towers then the current, or will it be a stand alone, system, or a multicast?

INDY72

Milf, the vhf system for stpso is deprecated, I know, cause only jail ops are on the vhf,
So my guess is they went to the new p25 state system till they roll there own out?
My question is will it require less towers then the current, or will it be a stand alone, system, or a multicast?

TY for info. As far as I know the EDACS is still online at this time and they run on it using ProVOICE digital. As soon as we get more data on who gets the contracts, and what they are going to do, I will update you guys.

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
Btw just a footnote:
The s.o. is not keen on anyone listening in, they got provoice for that reason, so unless jack strain has a change of heart (and might with all the corruption issue's with parish government) I don't see it happening!

Last edited:

shew

Btw just a footnote:
The s.o. is not keen on anyone listening in, they got provoice for that reason, so unless jack strain has a change of heart (and might with all the corruption issue's with parish government) I don't see it happening!

CORRUPTION....in Louisiana.....lol

teufler

Once had a motel manager tell me when Duke was in town, "Better to vote for the crook you know, rather than the crook you don't know". I quickly learned about politics in Louisiana.. Politics in other statets are just as bad, though I think Louisiana people awknowledged they had a problem better thah other states.

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
Shew, now now, be nice I bet there is a parish thats not corrupt, and when I find it I will let you know lol

matthew6715

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know of a nice EDAC radio that I can buy? I am looking at buying one and not affiliating it and disabling the talk button. I talked to one guy from Harris and he told me one but I forgot which one it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.