St. Tammany Perish Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanphreak

I've been listening off and on to the Perish Sheriff's EDACS system, and It's there, but I'm not seeing or hearing any activity on it at all. Does anyone know where they've moved their communications to? I looked in LWIN and the only thing listed for the perish is 4 coordinate talkgroups, a couple of slidell pd backup talkgroups and that's it.

JamesPrine

I did the same thing a while back, and heard nothing whatsoever. I understand St. Tammany is using ProVoice and no scanner is capable of picking it up without some extensive modification. Slidell is easy to monitor on its conventional frequencies (not LWIN).

scanphreak

I did the same thing a while back, and heard nothing whatsoever. I understand St. Tammany is using ProVoice and no scanner is capable of picking it up without some extensive modification. Slidell is easy to monitor on its conventional frequencies (not LWIN).

I went back to the database and didn't even notice before that it was provoice. That explains a lot. I have scanners with the discriminator tap already, and I'm using DSD and Trunker on them, so Provoice is fairly easy for me to monitor. I'll just need to set it up, thanks.

tippeyb

Saint Tammany and LWIN

Any more news about Saint Tammany S.O. switching to the LWIN system?

shaneo

Lwin

They should be fully operational by April of this year, but on digital encryption like Jefferson parish is using so back in the dark again

Status
Not open for further replies.