ST4 AntennaCraft Antenna Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghawkman56

All,
I purchased the above antenna to mount in my attic, with a PSR600 scanner. I thought I had properly measured the vertical distance in my attic, however, I missed the calculation! If I remove the Whip portion of the antenna, does this only impact HAM frequencies?
Thanks

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Hi,if you remove the whip part of the antenna it should only get rid of the low band freqs.

LtDoc

And to get a little 'picky' about it, it would only lessen the frequency range(s) that use that particular element. If you aren't that interested in those frequency range(s), it shouldn't be a biggy. Most ham bands are at least close to other 'bands' that can be of interest. Remove the thing, just don't throw it away...
- 'Doc

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
Hello
What I did to mine was trim that element down to the same size as the other 2 and it fit in my attic and works just fine..

Mfinigian

Premium Subscriber
All,
I purchased the above antenna to mount in my attic, with a PSR600 scanner. I thought I had properly measured the vertical distance in my attic, however, I missed the calculation! If I remove the Whip portion of the antenna, does this only impact HAM frequencies?
Thanks
I am also thinking of doing the same thing with this antenna. My problem is not the height but the width. How wide is this antenna when it is assembled?

Status
Not open for further replies.