Status
Not open for further replies.

PrivatelyJeff

Has more money than sense
Premium Subscriber

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
dang, how many frequencies do they need?:eek:
You don't expect them to be giving out the secret plays on a few channels everyone is listening to!:D

Question: The headsets for the games are licensed to the NFL? I know there DMR encrypted. I'd imagine their local stadiums their licensed to the NFL or something else?

PrivatelyJeff

Has more money than sense
Premium Subscriber
You don't expect them to be giving out the secret plays on a few channels everyone is listening to!:D

Question: The headsets for the games are licensed to the NFL? I know there DMR encrypted. I'd imagine their local stadiums their licensed to the NFL or something else?

I don’t believe it’s DMR but some proprietary FHSS type system. There’s no way to monitor it.

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
Correct. ALL NFL radios for ALL NFL games are Encrypted "E". I have worked 2 Super Bowls. The radio I was issued was on the Trainers/Med Staff Frequency. If you look real close during games you will see a piece of colored tape wrapped around each antenna. Depending on the color was the frequency, no changing, they are proprietary set "locked in". The radios are brought from stadium to stadium with NO LOCAL stadium input, say or "interference". Stadium frequencies are totally different.
The colors I know personally are
BLUE - Trainers/Medical
GREEN - Coach to Helmet Receiver
RED Home - Team Staff
YELLOW Away - Team Staff
WHITE - Referees
BLUE/WHITE - NFL Misc Staff

evilbrad

My head makes a bad antenna
Premium Subscriber
What if someplayer throws the team radios or headsets. Or if the kicker punts them. Is there a fine or flag on the play

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Video from Feb 6, 2022 - AS350 A-Star and UH-60 Black Hawk Helicopter air assets from U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Air and Marine Operations prepare to patrol the sky around Sofi Stadium in Los Angeles California in preparation to enforce a Temporary Flight Restriction zone on game day for Super Bowl LVI.

ecps92

Yes, the NFL moved from Analog/DPL Speech Inversion to DMR/E

Frequencies are licensed to the NFL under each Stadium Lat/Lon

In the Analog days each team had TWO Frequencies [Primary and Alternate], not sure how they do it now, as I have no interest in DMR, so gave up tracking those freqs used at Foxboro during games

Status
Not open for further replies.