Stafford County - Major shooting incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredva

Feed Provider
Very sad news out of Stafford County - four gunshot victims. Two adults deceased, a 3 year-old and 4 year-old with gunshot wounds to the head. CPR in progress on the 4 year-old.

TPKeller2

I came in late on this incident... as fredva posted, this is sounding like a very terrible situation. They were doing CPR on the 4 year old boy, and were thus unable to transport by air. I live within earshot of Shannon Airport, and I heard AirCare 2 returning to base after being unable to transport. They took him by ground to Mary Washington Hospital instead. The 3 year old girl was transported out by air, so hopefully she is in better shape.

They had called in at least 3 and possibly 4 helicopters, but released the last 2 before they arrived.

Since I came in late, I heard no details, but with a deceased adult male and a deceased adult female, this sure has the makings for a domestic murder/suicide. There was no discussion of any surviving suspects. I expect there will be much media coverage in the morning. I would be surprised if either Richmond or DC were able to pick it up for their 11:00 news tonight.

The crew on the radio acted professionally all the way, but I could hear stress at times. I know they are trained and conditioned to disassociate during these sorts of incidents, but wow, I can't even imagine how terrible it would be to go through this sort of thing.

Many thoughts and prayers are needed all around tonight and in the coming days.

Theron

TPKeller2

22:56 At this time it sounds like the ground crew is going through a hotwash.
23:02 Channel 9 in DC had a very small blurb, saying they had a crew on scene and would update later in the program.

Last edited:

TPKeller2

Sadly, the Washington Post is reporting that both children died.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/05/06/AR2008050600163.html

Very few details have been confirmed.

It's a busy night... I just heard AirCare fly over my house again, and they are planning to land a helicopter in the parking lot of Salem Fields Community Church on Gordon Road in Spotsylvania County in response to an accident on Chancellor Road.

Theron

Status
Not open for further replies.