Stafford County / PRO-197???

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandonb

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to get Stafford Counties system programmed into (working I should say) my PRO-197. I have everything programmed as near as I can tell. I can hear all of the control frequencies and will get blurbs of what I'll call 'digital junk'; almost as if the scanner isn't decoding the traffic on it's end. I know the SO is encrypted - all I'm trying for is Fire & Rescue. I have reprogrammed several times, add Wildcards, turned Audio Boost on, etc. all w/ no luck. Has any else experienced anything similar or have any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

FFEMTCURRENCE

Premium Subscriber
where do you live in stafford, i live on the Stafford/Fauquier line, and i get nothing from my psr-500 or very rarely my scanner picks up stafford....i can even be in garrisionville and it can still be digital chirping...it depends on your location in the county...i can get a 99% decode rate but still cant pick up the audio, also do you have it setup as a P25 system and not a Moto 800/900 right??? Stafford is the only system that i listen to that has this problem, if anyone else in the area has advice that would be great

brandonb

Premium Subscriber
It is setup as P25. I live in King George actually - about (10) miles from the County line off Route 3. It's sad because I can pickup Fairfax but nothing from Stafford

FFEMTCURRENCE

Premium Subscriber
i can get Fauq, Culpeper, Spotsy, PW, FF, and i can even get Charles County, MD which is what 50-60 miles away.....but i cant get the county that im living in whats up with that...this is 1 system that i cant figure out, of coarse on VHF you can only hear dispatch not the units talking back which is 154.175...is your ATT on or off

RomeRon

Freqs not the same in RR as in FCC database, RR has 771.86125 and the Fcc shows 771.36875. The rest are the same.

K3EP

I live in Stafford and hear them fine on my 396T. I also have a 996T in my car and can pick up Stafford at the Occoquan.

brandonb

Premium Subscriber
Tried the updated programming - still no luck. I guess the scanner just won't play nice with the system. I know one person said their Uniden works fine with it; any others with the same?

fredva

Feed Provider
Pro-197

The last time I tried (a couple of weeks ago), I could receive Stafford's digital system on my Pro-197 on the outskirts of Fredericksburg, but due to the digital simulcast distortion issue, the quality of the audio is not good. I can at least understand some of the traffic though.

Picking up a digital simulcast system like Stafford is a real challenge for scanner owners. It has a lot to do with being in the right location.

Status
Not open for further replies.