Staged excercise in Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Using the past as a lesson, some good places to keep an ear on:

All the 7-x-TPSxx channels, all the EMS Tactical stuff, Toronto Fire Training groups and the JES channels. Also keep an ear on the I-TAC channels as well.

But yes, it's kindof a crap shoot.

imcleish

This exercise is taking place at Centennial College on Morningside in conjunction with the IDEAS Network seminar being held today. http://www.ideasnetwork.ca/forumdisplay.php?fid=721.html

In the past we have used radios from the involved allied services, and typically all hospital based scenario communications are on one of the involved facilities radios as this is one of the ways they can test their protocol for radio dispersement and radio use. (check out any known Rouge Valley Health Center Frequencies, guess in the same band as their security but a dormant frequency)

In the past we have worked around proposed failures of cellphone and land line systems.

There will be an internet feed available through windows media player March 29th from 9am to noon, a link is on the IDEAS network page. mms://sonic.centennialcollege.ca/mockd

Unfortunately I am not involved in this training exercise enough to comment further.

yorkphotog

Premium Subscriber
I was on a different story in the area, but I drove by the Centennial building on Morningside, and the pixel board sign outside said, "THIS IS NOT AN EMERGENCY. DO NOT CALL 911".

Hah.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
7-x-TPSxx channels have had some good training scenarios recently
bomb threats, gun shots, officers down

although i think they should use real dispatchers who dont know anything about the scenario (so its more like real world).. at the moment they use people who know what is going on so dont ask the same questions like a dispatcher would

Status
Not open for further replies.