Staley Communications - TRIConneX (WV-PA-OH)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
ok thanks.
This is what is on the page .Wasn't sure of Color Code from Sites 21 thru 29.

Misc System Information

TRIConneX Wide Area Digital Radio System - Western Pennsylvania, Eastern Ohio, Northern Panhandle of WV

TRICONNEX | Wide Area Digital Communications Network

color code 12 - sites 1 through 20

color code 1 - sites 30 through 33

Please click on the Wiki link to the right to see more information about this system, including known active frequencies for which we do not currently know the LCN.

I probably need to update that to reflect something more accurate. Basically, there are two Staleys entities that run this system. Sites 31-33 are run by Staley Technologies over in New Philadelphia Ohio. All the rest [so far] are run by Staley Communications out of Wheeling.

The Staley Technolgies sites are color code 1; the Staley Communications sites are color code 12. Unless they change something [and they may, after they read this thread], you can pretty much count on any TriConnex stuff in PA/WV being managed by Staley Communications and thus having a color code of 12.

Mike

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
20476 T HHCSD 2 Harrison Hills School District - buses looks like the radio id not a TG

They could be private calling, that's how a radio ID ends up in the TG field.

Also FYI to anyone interested, I have not heard any activity on the Coraopolis freqs yet.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I would concur. I'm just going by what somebody submitted :) If they did not submit valid information, phooey on them!

Mike

Good F'ing Grief!!!! I am the moron who submitted that. What was I thinking ?

I removed that from the list of talkgroups.

Mike

I received some info that AAA from Pittsburgh area is merging with AAA in South East Ohio. Also I'm not sure but I heard AAA in SE Ohio uses TriConnex and to keep a eye open for Pittsburgh AAA to start using TriConnex when the merger happens. Can anyone confirm this?

Brian N3SGU

phask

Premium Subscriber
Not sure what AAA considers SE Ohio - but I've not heard them from the Zanesville site. Fact is - hear very, very little on Zanesville.

Some of their techs, Shadyside wrecker service, a water hauler. That's about it.

I received some info that AAA from Pittsburgh area is merging with AAA in South East Ohio. Also I'm not sure but I heard AAA in SE Ohio uses TriConnex and to keep a eye open for Pittsburgh AAA to start using TriConnex when the merger happens. Can anyone confirm this?

Brian N3SGU

I was speaking to a guy from New Philadelphia area , that must be area he was speaking about that was going to merge with Pittsburgh area. I am not sure of exact area in Ohio that will merge , I was hoping someone in Ohio could fill in the blanks.

hophead3528

I picked up 464.2500, site 21, located in Fallowfield Township in Washington County, PA. It is listed, tentatively, as the site's LCN 2. LCN 1 is also listed as 470.6375, There is also a 464.6000 listed as LCN 3, but I have not received anything on it. Today was actually the first voice transmission that I have received. TG 181 from the Fallowfield site with UIDs of 26915 and 26924.

hophead3528

TG 196

On December 13, I picked up TG 196 for the first time. It is most likely a school district in western Fayette County. I'm guessing it to be Brownsville Area School District, based on the geographic information given by the drivers. However, I can't confirm it. Most of the hits that I received came from site 4 (Downtown Pittsburgh)

TG 196 . Are school buses from the South Hills Area of Allegheny County, PA. Not sure of the bus company name.

TG 72 . Are school buses from Claysville- Washington County Area, PA. Not sure of the bus company name.

70 is a unknown Tow truck from New Kensington Tower

Some other UNKNOWN TG's from Pittsburgh Tower:
117 Have no clue what this is.
184 Have no clue what this is.
143 Have no clue what this is.
186 Have no clue what this is.
188 Have no clue what this is.

Last edited:

hophead3528

Staley TGs

TG 196 is Thomas Jefferson SD. I heard a general announcement from their dispatcher stating "All T.J. drivers." TG 184 is Hancock County School District from a similar announcement. TG 72 is from the McGuffey School District based on information from another website.

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
TG-184 is already in the database

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Data base seems to be filling in quite nicely.

I have been seeing some different data with the following:

i10183996 76938 Pittsburgh Downtown 02/14/17 08:09:07 not sure what this is yet.

i4218704 2622185 Pittsburgh Downtown 02/14/17 07:39:22 talking about box spring and mattress

It appears the the uid and Tg numbers have more digits to them.

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
Maybe I am wrong but those look like I-calls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.