stand for scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank125

hello im looking for ideas for a stand for my pro-2030 instead of it laying flat. i would like it to be tilted upward a bit so it can be viewed better. thanks for any suggestions.

gambill1

go to scannermaster.com they have holders for for scanners like the 996xt bc15xt and also hand helds.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
How about a foam can koozy? They're cheap and if your radio falls over it's in the foam!:p
n9zas

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
use a thick eraser or something small non slip under the front... cheap but it works.

there use to be the scanner-stand-man who made amazing scanner stands but think he got busy and no longer makes them

mciupa

Database Admin
there use to be the scanner-stand-man who made amazing scanner stands but think he got busy and no longer makes them

Didn't that guy become a RadioReference Moderator
fing03.gif
and Database Administrator? :p :D

weeksben1

Made great stuff

I've got one of Ron's stands and I can say that he does great work:D. I for one hopes that he can start make those again, I'd gladly pay for a desktop scanner stand of his design.

Gadgetman728

Premium Subscriber
I've been building my own scanner stands for years. 1pc -1/2 x 2 Alum flat bar - 4inches long. 1pc. - 1/8 x 2 Alum. flat bar 6 inches long. drill and screw the thin flat bar to the front of the bigger block, and give it a little bend backwards for pitch. Not high tech, but they work. Maybe I should build some for sale.

EDIT - I posted some pics in my album.

Last edited:

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
hello im looking for ideas for a stand for my pro-2030 instead of it laying flat. i would like it to be tilted upward a bit so it can be viewed better. thanks for any suggestions.
I used a piece of vinyl gutter down-pipe. Slit it lengthwise in half, cut a notch in both sides, fold over to desired angle and fix with aluminum pop rivet; use washer on the inside. You can use a bit of two way tape on the bottom to stabilize heavier units.

Attachments

• Stand.jpg
    Stand.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 256
Status
Not open for further replies.