• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Standard Horizon HX-851 programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtscaps

I am looking into adding some channels to an HX-851. Specifically 3 simplex boat to boat channels used in Scandinavian waters. I have a VX-7 programming cable assuming this can be used. I have also found a CE68 program that programs older radios like the HX370. Am I on the right track here? I suspect it is a complete different software that's needed for my radio. Anyone knows ?

fregatteradio

HX-851 programming

as far as I am informed you need the CE-100 programming software and the CT-111 programming cable.

I tried with the Maxton RPC-Y7-U and the RPC-Y1-U (made the plugs slightly thinner that they fit in the socket) but so far without success.

Did you manage your programming or have an idea with cable will work (apart from the pricy CT-111).

cabletech

Correction on the cable.

In order to do any programming or service on the 850/851 radio, you use the charging base that comes with the unit, connect to your computer serial port and you must use software ver CE100 v2.00.

You can then add extra frequencys in what is called the 'expanded' portion of the programming.

Also, the software is only available thru Standard/Horizon as a Retail Dealer, or thru your local Marine sales dearler.

fregatteradio

ask for clarification

thank you for your information.

Are you sure that there is no need to plug the programming cable in the RAM mic/SP jack?

As far as I am informed is the serial connector (wires) in the charging base is only for NMEA data transfer (not for programming).

If I have a look at the programming cable pics this CT-111 cable also have a plug for the mic jack.

Please clarify.

fregatteradio

Correction on the cable.

In order to do any programming or service on the 850/851 radio, you use the charging base that comes with the unit, connect to your computer serial port and you must use software ver CE100 v2.00.

You can then add extra frequencys in what is called the 'expanded' portion of the programming.

Also, the software is only available thru Standard/Horizon as a Retail Dealer, or thru your local Marine sales dearler.

cabletech

Yes this radio use's the charging base for both NMEA data transfer and to program/service the radio.

Tryed to up load a picture, but the system will not let me.

Send me your e-mail and I will send you the picture.

fregatteradio

thanks

Thank you for that kind offer.

As I am a new member I am not allowed to send PM / eMails within this forum.

But there is an explanation in the user manual how to connect the wires to the RS232.

Thanks again for that helpfull hint.

fregatteradio

Yes this radio use's the charging base for both NMEA data transfer and to program/service the radio.

Tryed to up load a picture, but the system will not let me.

Send me your e-mail and I will send you the picture.

fregatteradio

additional hint

works like a charm but only on 4.800bd RS232 settings. I hope this hint is helpfully for other users who are also struggling to get the programming work.

fregatteradio

fifthbro

Hi,

I am also looking to add two channels to the hx851, it seems that connecting to the charging base is relatively straightforward. Anyone who could point me to the software that would allow adding channels?

Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.