Stanislaus County Fire questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay12

Hi dose any know why when Modesto fire go to a Tactical channel i can no longer hear them even with there Tactical channels program in my scanner ?

n4yek

It's probably a simplex freq and unless you are within a few hundred yards of them, you won't be able to receive them.

sfd119

Most fireground or tactical channels will go a mile at the most, unless they are using a repeater.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Hi dose any know why when Modesto fire go to a Tactical channel i can no longer hear them even with there Tactical channels program in my scanner ?
This type of question should be posted to a Regional forum since it is regionally specific. This is indicated in the GenScan Sticky. We have these rules in place so you get the best response by posting to the correct forum. So I've moved your thread.

lbfd09

Premium Subscriber

The tactical or tac channels are also know a fireground channels. These are normally simplex, car to car frequencies that normally are used by just hand held radios. Many times (depending upon the jurisdiction) the power output of the HTs will be lowered. A good outside antenna might be needed to improve reception of the tactical traffic.

Modesto uses the centralized county-wide dispatch channel, going to the command channel that is on a repeater system. From the command channel they are assigned a tac channels as needed for the incident. Modesto has contributed two channels to the tac group of channels.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.