Stanislaus National Forest - Sonora

Status
Not open for further replies.

crayx

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have the Callsign for Stanislaus National Forest Fire (168.7500)?

Thank You

kma371

QRT
Does anyone have the Callsign for Stanislaus National Forest Fire (168.7500)?

Thank You

Are you talking about the FCC license? Or something else? You wouldn't be able to look it up because government freqs aren't listed.

crayx

Premium Subscriber
I am not trying to look it up I was just wamting to know, "like KMG969 or WASNF"

Thanks

Are you talking about the FCC license? Or something else? You wouldn't be able to look it up because government freqs aren't listed.

SCPD

QRT
The Stanislaus NF has a call sign of "KME25." Here is the list for California along with the ICS identifier and forest number in Region 5:

ANF 01 Angeles KME21 (I think. I know it is a KME2x callsign.)
CNF 02 Cleveland KME22 Just like the Angeles I'm not sure.
ENF 03 Eldorado KMB 660
INF 04 Inyo KMB670
KNF 05 Klamath KMB680
LNF 06 Lassen KMB690
LPF 07 Los Padres KME2?
MNF 08 Mendocino KMB710
MDF 09 Modoc KMB700
SRF 10 Six Rivers KMB755
PNF 11 Plumas KMD780
BDF 12 San Bernardino KME20
SQF 13 Sequioa KMB740
SHF 14 Shasta-Trinity KME25
SNF 15 Sierra KME26
STF 16 Stanislaus KME24
TNF 17 Tahoe KMB760
TMU 19 Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit I think it is a KMBxxx callsign.

Those of you how can provide the missing ones or where I've indicated I'm not sure, please post. I would like to complete a good list.

The ranger district numbers on the Stanislaus are: 1 Mi-Wok, 2 Calveras, 3 Summit and 4 Groveland.

While I'm at it here are some NPS callsigns, along with the NPS abbreviation for the park. These abbreviations use the first four letters of a park's name or the first two letter of each word in a two word name. This system was around for many years (decades?) prior to the adoption of the three letter ICS identifiers, which are used for incident management. The National Park Service uses the four letter system to ID the park internal to the agency.

CABR Cabrillo KOP799
CHIS Channel Islands KME700
DEVA Death Valley KMC785
DEPO Devils Postpile ??
GOGA Golden Gate NRA KMC790
JOTR Joshua Tree KMC775
LAVO Lassen Volcanic KMC700
LABE Lava Beds KME710
PINN Pinnacles ???
PORE Point Reyes National Seashore KMC799
REDW Redwood KMC713
SAMO Santa Monica NRA ???
SEKI Sequoia-Kings Canyon KMC735
WHIS Whiskeytown NRA ???
YOSE Yosemite KMC719

There you have it. I know you didn't ask for all of this, but maybe some others wanted to know.

OPTIONAL INFO BELOW. A bit of agency culture and lingo follows.

In the NPS instead of saying "the" (example Yosemite) National Park, they typically say "at." For example USFS employees would say "I worked on the Inyo for 10 years before I retired. NPS employees would say "I worked at Yosemite for 10 years before I retired." Sometimes employees pronounce the abbreviation, if it can be pronounced. You might hear a NPS employee say "Well, I moved to California when I transferred to SEE key, after 5 years I worked at SAM OH, but couldn't stand the smog, so I transferred to LA voh. One little factoid about the NPS website is you can type www .nps .gov /xxxx where the X's are the four letters of the unit's abbreviation. So a quick way to see the Great Smoky Mountains National Park website is to type: www .nps .gov /grsm Want to go to Glacier National Park's website? Type www .nps .gov /glac Spaces were added to each address so the computer doesn't automatically turn it into a link.

The term "on" rather than "in" as used by the Forest Service does not make sense to most folks. However, it is the proper way to term it. You can be "in" a forest when you walk into the woods. However, a National Forest is a large parcel of land and you don't travel "in" the land, you travel "on" the land. This is similar to referring to a river, You don't say I floated "in" Salmon River, rather you say "I floated on the Salmon." A stand of trees is a forest, however a National Forest is a named entity and they are preceded by an article, i.e., "the" or "a." If you read into it the grammar used by Forest Service employees is completely correct. You can always tell a "English is a second language" speaker when the leave out articles as their language does not have them. Ever hear someone say something similar to "I walked down street to store, walked in and saw man pick up cake?"

Last edited:

Norman

Hello Exsmokey, the StanNF is KME24 like your list says, not KME25 mentioned in your narrative.
ANF 01 is KME22, CNF02 is KME23 and LTBMU is KMB664.
73, Norm.

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
CABR Cabrillo KOP799
CHIS Channel Islands KME700
DEVA Death Valley KMC785
DEPO Devils Postpile ??
GOGA Golden Gate NRA KMC790
JOTR Joshua Tree KMC775
LAVO Lassen Volcanic KMC700
LABE Lava Beds KME710
PINN Pinnacles ???
PORE Point Reyes National Seashore KMC799
REDW Redwood KMC713
SAMO Santa Monica NRA ???
SEKI Sequoia-Kings Canyon KMC735
WHIS Whiskeytown NRA ???
YOSE Yosemite KMC719

Add MOJA to the mix for the Mojave National Preserve...unk radio callsign

ecps92

Correct. Federal Agencies go thru the NTIA where the information is NOT available to the GP (General Population) where-as Cities/Towns/Counties/States and Business's go thru the FCC

You don't. The authority for the license does not come from the FCC. I believe it's the NITA?

Status
Not open for further replies.