Stanislaus National Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.

lrcrabtree

Premium Subscriber
I'm looking for the repeater INPUT frequencies for the Stanislaus NF, as well as the frequencies used by USFS law enforcement in the Stanislaus. Any information appreciated.

Larry

kma371

QRT
I'm looking for the repeater INPUT frequencies for the Stanislaus NF, as well as the frequencies used by USFS law enforcement in the Stanislaus. Any information appreciated.

Larry

They are listed in the database.

2k1typeSH

Premium Subscriber
USFS LEOs

I often hear the law enforcement officers on the Ops net (168.75000 Repeater, 170.50000 Input) and Admin net (168.15000 Repeater, 171.38750 Input). I don't believe that I have ever heard them on the service net. Law enforcement officers will have a call sign of "Edward" and then a number, for example "Edward 7".

There are other call signs such as "C" for a special agent, "L" for patrol captain, "K" for canine, and "T" for training. On the Stanislaus, these call signs are much less common that the "Edward" units and some, such a "K", may never be heard at all.

SCPD

QRT
I often hear the law enforcement officers on the Ops net (168.75000 Repeater, 170.50000 Input) and Admin net (168.15000 Repeater, 171.38750 Input). I don't believe that I have ever heard them on the service net. Law enforcement officers will have a call sign of "Edward" and then a number, for example "Edward 7".

There are other call signs such as "C" for a special agent, "L" for patrol captain, "K" for canine, and "T" for training. On the Stanislaus, these call signs are much less common that the "Edward" units and some, such a "K", may never be heard at all.

The National Forest number is supposed to be used as a prefix for the L, K, T and E unit designators. Except for the Six Rivers NF assigned as "10" they are in alphabetical order, i.e. the Angeles is 1, the Cleveland is 2, the Eldorado 3, and so forth. The Stanislaus is #16 and the Sierra #15, In actual practice the prefix is not used much. The special agents are zoned and each cover more than one forest. They have some type of zone numbering that I don't know anything about, but I think it starts with #1 in the north.

2k1typeSH

Premium Subscriber
The National Forest number is supposed to be used as a prefix for the L, K, T and E unit designators. Except for the Six Rivers NF assigned as "10" they are in alphabetical order, i.e. the Angeles is 1, the Cleveland is 2, the Eldorado 3, and so forth. The Stanislaus is #16 and the Sierra #15, In actual practice the prefix is not used much. The special agents are zoned and each cover more than one forest. They have some type of zone numbering that I don't know anything about, but I think it starts with #1 in the north.

Thanks exsmokey, that makes sense. There have been a few instances where I have heard an "Edward" unit use the number prefix before the call sign (Ex: 15-Edward-7), but those have been few and far between. As stated in my previous post, the Edward units are by far the most frequent call signs I hear.

Are there any other unit designators used by USFS LEOs other than the ones mentioned here? I know about the fire stuff such as Crew, Patrol, Engine, Water Tender, Battalion, Division, and Chief, but what about those specifically related to law enforcement?

SCPD

QRT
Thanks exsmokey, that makes sense. There have been a few instances where I have heard an "Edward" unit use the number prefix before the call sign (Ex: 15-Edward-7), but those have been few and far between. As stated in my previous post, the Edward units are by far the most frequent call signs I hear.

Are there any other unit designators used by USFS LEOs other than the ones mentioned here? I know about the fire stuff such as Crew, Patrol, Engine, Water Tender, Battalion, Division, and Chief, but what about those specifically related to law enforcement?

Nothing else that I remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.