Stanly County

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8EMX

Premium Subscriber
So far as I know Stanly County is still primarily utilizing their conventional, analog infrastructure. There are talks onging about Stanly going to the Charlotte/UASI P25 system (See: http://charmeck.org/city/charlotte/...attachments/2013/10-28-2013/27_2013_10_28.pdf ).

They also have patches in place for Sheriff's Office, EMS and Fire to VIPER that are utilized by some subscriber units and mutual aid agencies.

Last edited:

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
Time will tell, because if the county doesn't provide the radios then a lot of departments in the county will

be without,due to the cost of the radios.

There has been talk for years about Stanly County putting up a tower in East Albemarle and then

piggybacking off the old Cabarrus TRS System. It hasn't happened yet.

This was the rumor when the retired City of Concord Communication Director was incharge of the system.

I wish them luck with the Char/Meck P25 system, because there well be a lot of personal radios that will

go dead.

David

RADIOSHOP

Stanley on Charlotte Regional system

It is a fact that Stanley Co. is going on the Charlotte P25 System.
The contracts have been signed and tower sites are being readied or built as needed.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
As I recall the only 800 Mhz trunking system is the following:

Alcoa Badin Works & the State Viper Tower

Stanly Co. EMS has been working some off of Viper.

I haven't heard any of the fire departments.

Law enforcement may be using their Viper Talkgroup

David

kd8x

As I recall the only 800 Mhz trunking system is the following:

Alcoa Badin Works & the State Viper Tower

Stanly Co. EMS has been working some off of Viper.

I haven't heard any of the fire departments.

Law enforcement may be using their Viper Talkgroup

David

Sheriff, EMS and Fire have been working on Viper for quite some time now...Listen to em everyday although they are still on Vhf also....

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
I recently spent an afternoon working at the Badin Fire Department. No 800 voice equipment was noted.

A member of that department, who also serves with the nearby Air National Guard unit, said his unit had some 800 analog radios, and talkgroups for communication within their unit, as well as with the large ANG unit based on the perimeter of Charlotte-Douglas Airport in Charlotte.

(The Stanly County ANG unit uses Albemarle Airport to train its personnel in air traffic control operations. I believe they also staff the control tower. Periodically, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, military aircraft will practice touch-and-goes at the airport. The runway is 7000 feet.)

Status
Not open for further replies.