Stanly county

Status
Not open for further replies.

roking

I just bought a uniden home patrol 2. I can't pick up any of stanly county's transmissions on the charlotte/mecklenburg county (project 25). I know they're part of this system. Please help before I have to send back for a refund.

drayd48

Could it be multi site distortion? I had to get a complete different receiver because my scanner does not do well in mecklenburg. I know cabarrus is the exact same way only worse. I would then assume that Stanly would be the same way. Only program the stanly towers in the scanner and try that. If you live really close to a simulcast tower, try a paper clip antenna. Just try out some different things to see if you can get it to work.

roking

Thanks for your reply. I don't know if you can program this scanner. All I did was punch in my zip code and it suppose to find all surrounding frequencies, which it did. Stanly County is suppose to be under the Chlt/Meck (project 25). It recognizes all the counties under this network except Stanly County. Is there a way to program this scanner (uniden home patrol 2) other than the zip code, town, or gis location.

drayd48

I would first try this. Go and do some simple programming to see if the scanner works. Only put in Stanly County towers. Next, put in the main talkgroups that are used, such as Fire, EMS, PD, Sheriff, etc. Dispatch. If everything works, I would then try to program the rest in.

KM4WLV

I'm in Stanly County on a regular basis and I have issues as well on my 396XT. I live in Rockwell, in Rowan County which is about 5 miles north of the Stanly County line and I can hear the towers for Stanly better at home than I can in the county. Pretty sure is multi path distortion. Even up here in Rowan County I get it with our P25 system, just not as bad.

drayd48

I'm in Stanly County on a regular basis and I have issues as well on my 396XT. I live in Rockwell, in Rowan County which is about 5 miles north of the Stanly County line and I can hear the towers for Stanly better at home than I can in the county. Pretty sure is multi path distortion. Even up here in Rowan County I get it with our P25 system, just not as bad.

Yea. Just depends on the antenna you are using. When I decided to listen on my scanner when I go into Charlotte, I only go to 2 places when I go. They just happen to be right next to an antenna for UASI. I will take a paper clip and shove it down in the antenna slot and I get absolute no distortion. Also, try some bad antennas or a Yagi antenna (point it at your closest tower) to get signal for just one tower. Hope this helps

roking

Thanks guys for all your suggestions. I finally figured out how to update the sentinel software on my laptop and then transfer that info to my HP-2. The scanner was recognizing the Char/Meck apco 25 network and not the newer Charlotte UASI Region. After the update, it now recognizes that network and picks up the Stanly simulcast. I can hear all transmissions in Stanly County. Once again...thanks

drayd48

Thanks guys for all your suggestions. I finally figured out how to update the sentinel software on my laptop and then transfer that info to my HP-2. The scanner was recognizing the Char/Meck apco 25 network and not the newer Charlotte UASI Region. After the update, it now recognizes that network and picks up the Stanly simulcast. I can hear all transmissions in Stanly County. Once again...thanks

Glad you got it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.