star and strand transportation bus company frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
i have done some research and i am not able to find any frequencies for the star and strand transportation bus company

Are you sure they use radios and not cell phones? Looking at the website I didn't see antennas on the buses they show in the photos.

radioguy224

Premium Subscriber
Yes I am sure they use radio and the audio when I was talking to the driver it sounded to be digital DMR Audio with stubby antennas on the roof of the buses or on the side of the driver about the door.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
There are numerous DMR and NXDN systems in Rensselaer and Albany counties that would be able to provide coverage in the Troy area. Start listening to those and see if you can find them. Don't always assume that every business has their own license under their own name, often times many rent/lease the radios and airtime from commercial providers in the region.

Dexter2

Not sure if you found any additional info, but I do know they use motorola's. Used to know a former driver.

k2hz

Database Admin
how would i be able to search for them on my scanner
If they use Motorola radios, they will be DMR. If your Uniden scanner is DMR capable, program some of the possible area DMR systems with "ID Search" enabled. If you then lock out the known TGs that are not of interest to you will only hear TGs not presently in the Sentinel download.
You will then hear unknown TGs with the TGID displayed. If these TGs are not of interest you can do a "Permanent Avoid" when they area active.

If the bus system is an active user, you should hear them and, if not, you can probably rule out that system and try programming another.

Either of the Wells Communications systems or One Voice Network Site 41 would be a good place to start. I see 2 TGs on Wells DMR1 in the RRDB that are only listed as "school bus" that could be a possibility as are some listed TGs on One Voice.

Dexter2

I believe those two School Bus listings are the old Folmsbee.

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Okay, I was a bit confused as to what you were asking lol

Dexter2

No worries! Question though, I just programmed the OneVoice Network and turned the appropriate Service Type on and turned the system on in Monitor, and the radio reads "Scan Mode. Nothing to Scan." Am I missing something?

k2hz

Database Admin
Probably there are no TGs programmed in the Service Type you selected. If you want to see unprogrammed TGs, select "ID Search" mode

Dexter2

So, I was going to try and see if I could find any TG's. I programmed Wells DMR 1 and 2 and I can't receive anything. The site is in New Salem and I thought that was way farther away then the capital region. I also tried the OneVoice Capital Region Area site and I barely get any signal bars.

Dexter2

Question, How do you do a Close Call, if your not sure what system to program?

Status
Not open for further replies.