Starcom 21 HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

agillis91

Premium Subscriber
So I'm not to savvy with p25/starcom.
I'm trying to listen to my local pd.
I programmed the scanner by location and locked in on the Dispatch frequency, when scanning a talk group what do you listen to the control channel or do I have to have to listen to all the frequencies. I heard one call with a unit Dispatched and heard the unit go on scene and have only heard a couple other transmissions in a few hours.. so I guess I'm not sure I'm doing it correctly any help would be appreciated.

lu81fitter

If you told us where you were, it would help. I presume you're in Illinois with your reference to STARCOM. Make sure you have all the talkgroups programmed in that you want to hear, and make sure the radio is scanning them. Some channels/talkgroups are used far less than others. Also, program a few sites/towers in your area. Make sure you are scanning all the talkgroups you want to hear on all of the sites that you program. You may be surprised what you pick up, even at a good distance away.

agillis91

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for your response. To clarify I'm In Rochelle il. And all I want to hear is the Rochelle police. Talk group 1829. I've been hearing most of the traffic.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Not sure what scanner you have, its under GRE , if so you must create a system using the freqys for the Scom tower near you, then pgm in your TGroup in one of the lists, if you make a "dupe"duplicate of it you can put it in the "NS" bank which is no scan or the "favorite bank to monitor....

Status
Not open for further replies.