StarCom 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Did they reband STARCOM in SE ILL? My brother lives on the border and use to pick up traffic on STARCOM but lately he can't even get the control channels. This would be CARMI, Effingham, etc.

Or basically, Lawernce, White, Edwards counties. District 16 and 12 I believe.

TrenchFeeder

State police have been very protective of their radios lately, a week ago i was pulled over by a state trooper, I had a lot of boxes in my car from my delivery route, which made him want to do a search of my vehicle. All was going well until he found my mobile scanner. He didn't seem to care that i had it, but held me on the side of the road until we went through all 1000 channels to prove to him that I had no working State police radios programmed. I know he really had no right to make me do that, but i did anyway just out of respect.

I wouldn't be surprised if they go completely encrypted

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
YES, Starcom has been rebanded now for some time...All freqys moved to 851-854....No more 866-868 mgz....

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Indiana Law

State police have been very protective of their radios lately, a week ago i was pulled over by a state trooper, I had a lot of boxes in my car from my delivery route, which made him want to do a search of my vehicle. All was going well until he found my mobile scanner. He didn't seem to care that i had it, but held me on the side of the road until we went through all 1000 channels to prove to him that I had no working State police radios programmed. I know he really had no right to make me do that, but i did anyway just out of respect.

In Indiana (being a HAM) I am allowed to have a scanner in the mobile. Illinois, who knows. I don't usually have one in the car anyway. Both my 996T and 996XT are tied up doing FEEDS on RR

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Interesting

YES, Starcom has been rebanded now for some time...All freqys moved to 851-854....No more 866-868 mgz....

I just checked his scanner (via PROSCAN online) and his info has D12 Lawerence with the following:

D 19 WABASH

That isn't what RR database shows now. ODD cause I do the programming on his scanner. No wonder his STARCOM had gone away. Guess I have to drive 50 miles one way to reprogram his scanner. Hard to do via internet. Not that it can't be done...

N9JIG

Sheriff
All Starcom21 sites have been rebanded statewide. If you still have any 866-869 MHz. freqs in your scanners they should be corrected. Check the RR Database or CARMA Profile for updated freqs.

We have been getting occasional reports of the old 866-869 freqs popping up now and then in the Springfield area, but I wonder if there aren't a handful of radios that haven't been flashed or OTAR'd.

State police have been very protective of their radios lately, a week ago i was pulled over by a state trooper, I had a lot of boxes in my car from my delivery route, which made him want to do a search of my vehicle. All was going well until he found my mobile scanner.

dude,,can i ask,,what you were pulled over for that the cop had PC to do a search?
i mean,,theres cooperation and theres waiving your 4th ammendment..was there a
theft with a vehic,or person matching your description,,

if he didnt have PC you should have not given consent,regardless if you did-Or did not
have anything to hide..

ive done this 3 times in the past year,live stopped for being in my own neighborhood,they
get quite upset when i hand over my lic-reg and insur..then start asking the why,what,and who..
and even more irritated when i start asking to see a warrant,inquiring about reasonable suspicion,
prob cause once they start asking about bodies,bazookas and stolen aircraft in the rear..i chuckle it off
but i sure as hell would never let Any Stranger rifle through my property with out cause or a paper with a
judges sig...

look at your rights as a muscle,,
if you never use them theyll be useless when you really need them..

they say what o i have to hide,,i reply,,its what i have to protect..
like asking a surgeon to wash their hands before the operate,,no exceptions.

that simple.

Last edited:

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Really Wierd

All Starcom21 sites have been rebanded statewide. If you still have any 866-869 MHz. freqs in your scanners they should be corrected. Check the RR Database or CARMA Profile for updated freqs.

We have been getting occasional reports of the old 866-869 freqs popping up now and then in the Springfield area, but I wonder if there aren't a handful of radios that haven't been flashed or OTAR'd.

This is strange to me because it wasn't that long ago that I D/Led RR DB info and reprogrammed his STARCOM system. But, it wouldn't be the 1st time ARC 996 has done strange things. I manually input one of his sites to the new freq. Quite a task from 50 miles away via the internet. lol I much prefer computer programming on site.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

LOCK YOUR KEYPAD! If you read the news regarding illinois lawmaking and the ISP in the same sentence then you'll learn why.
n9zas

N9JIG

Sheriff
This is strange to me because it wasn't that long ago that I D/Led RR DB info and reprogrammed his STARCOM system. But, it wouldn't be the 1st time ARC 996 has done strange things. I manually input one of his sites to the new freq. Quite a task from 50 miles away via the internet. lol I much prefer computer programming on site.

You could set up something like GotomyPC or other method of remote access to save a trip.

It is possible that the RR DB hadn't yet been updated then, it depends on member contributions of info and to be frank, southern IL doesn't have the coverage that areas like Metro East or Chicagoland does.

Many of the sites still showed the 866-869 freqs until after I completed my last trip thru the area in September last year to confirm the rebanding had been done.

Status
Not open for further replies.