STARCOM -Grundy County FD/EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinman981

Good Afternoon all,
I live in LaSalle county an up to about 3 days ago I was able to receive Grundy County FIRE/EMS on StarCom on my BCD536.So my question is did county change sites or something ? I'm stumped any help would be nice .

Thanks Guys

ltginrage

Good Afternoon all,
I live in LaSalle county an up to about 3 days ago I was able to receive Grundy County FIRE/EMS on StarCom on my BCD536.So my question is did county change sites or something ? I'm stumped any help would be nice .

Thanks Guys
Have you moved your scanner/antenna around at all? From what Ive learned, even the slightest movement can detrmine if you pick up a simulcast site. It usally affects uniden scanners that are not the sds series.

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
What site(s) are you monitoring for Grundy Co Fire? Correct me if wrong, but I believe that 90+% of the time, you'll only hear them on the Will/Grundy Simulcast site. Occasionally, I could hear them (and the Police 1 and Police 2 TG's) affiliate on the 'Cook South - Simulcast site'. Depending on the site(s) and the agency, you may hear them on distant sites due to roaming, testing, etc.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Good Afternoon all,

Thanks Guys
Are you still able to hear other users on this same STARCOM21 site? If not, the control channel might have changed and the current control channel isn't programmed in your scanner.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
The CC didn't change and there loud and clear on T113.....T125 was converted to T113 couple years ago ....I have heard them on T126 Aurora

tommypickles

If this is redundant please forgive me.
Check c/c should be 773.33125
There is a Location for site 113 in Seneca
Are you using an outside antenna?
Band conditions have been up and down the last few days as I have been getting some distant UHF stations.
It is also possible that location may have been down for some reason.
Remember the leaves are coming back so that could change things as well.
I can usually get 113 here in Dwight, but weather conditions definitely knocks them out down here from time to time.

tinman981

well I don't know what happened but I'm now receiving Grundy County Fire/Ems . I didn't change or move anything . lol
Just wanted to say thanks for the Response folk's

73's

MikeyC

Good Afternoon all,

Thanks Guys
I hear the Grundy County Paging talkgroup on T134 (Ottawa) all the time - I'm not sure who's affiliating with it (or scanning it?) but someone is :)

Status
Not open for further replies.