Starcom TG 4985?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Caught this off my wildcard this afternoon on site 1-015, with some kind of police car-to-car type traffic. I know it's right next to the Bloomington PD C2C talkgroups, but don't think it is (for one thing, it was unencrypted, and I doubt that a BPD unit would be this far north for anything, although I have heard Normal PD off the N. Chicago simulcast before). Any ideas?

UPDATE: Finally got a solid enough signal to get radio ID's, and they're all 432xxx series numbers. It's Bloomington PD. Sounds like some sort of surveillance activity going on.

Last edited:

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Caught this off my wildcard this afternoon on site 1-015, with some kind of police car-to-car type traffic. I know it's right next to the Bloomington PD C2C talkgroups, but don't think it is (for one thing, it was unencrypted, and I doubt that a BPD unit would be this far north for anything, although I have heard Normal PD off the N. Chicago simulcast before). Any ideas?

UPDATE: Finally got a solid enough signal to get radio ID's, and they're all 432xxx series numbers. It's Bloomington PD. Sounds like some sort of surveillance activity going on.

COOL!
Thanks!

n9zas

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin

"As advertised" in the CARMA Starcom 21 Profile at http://www.carmachicago.com/profiles/StarCom21.pdf .

You'll hear 'non-statewide' talk groups from outside your area from time to time - all it takes is one radio with that talk group selected to be affiliated with the site you're monitoring (i.e. downstate trooper traveling to Chicago, etc.).....

Status
Not open for further replies.