Starcom

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb9ndb

ANyone have a working starcom file for ISP. I just updated my Uniden 396 to the new ver 3 firmware and put the new frequencies back into the radio and I am hearing nothing as usual. Its probably an operator error as I am stupid and have a hard time with this radio. A friend gave me thiers last time, but his 396 needs a trip to the scanner hospital as its broke he gave me his file but he doesnt have the new one yet.
send me a pm if you have one I can have.
thanks
Brian
kb9ndb

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I think the Home Page site has files for Starcom...Where ever your located just make a "Program System" and enter the CC's for the nearest tower to you....Im in the Joliet area and listen to T101,102, 125, those are the closest to me.....

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
OK, i see your in Plano, you may hear T147-Dekalb, T126-Kane Co or T125-Grundy Co....Check out the web site and print the tower map....

kb9ndb

ron
I wanted the whole state in a file so when I travel I can just pull up starcom and listen. I grabbed all the frequencies copied and pasted them into arcsoft and said its a Moto type 2 system set it up for ID search and I hear nothing so I dont know what I did wrong, this worked before but why not now??

I updated the firmware on the 396T to ver 3.0 which is the latest on unidens web site, what a pain to do that!!! Scanner works fine on analog systems just cant get starcom working and dont know why???

Last edited:

N9JIG

Sheriff
ron
I wanted the whole state in a file so when I travel I can just pull up starcom and listen. I grabbed all the frequencies copied and pasted them into arcsoft and said its a Moto type 2 system set it up for ID search and I hear nothing so I dont know what I did wrong, this worked before but why not now??

I updated the firmware on the 396T to ver 3.0 which is the latest on unidens web site, what a pain to do that!!! Scanner works fine on analog systems just cant get starcom working and dont know why???

The problem is that you set it to a Moto Type II, it is a P25 system. Change the System Type to P25 and it should work.

kb9ndb

Rich
I will try that , i dont see P25 listed I am assuming its apco25??
Question the files on carmas web page for stracom the files are those for arcsoft 396?? I downloaded them and I am unable to open them in arcsoft????

N9JIG

Sheriff
ARC396 shows it as Motorola APCO25, it should be the last trunking system type, you may have to scroll down.

The files listed on the CARMA Profiles page are intended for the 996 or XT scanners. Since the original 396T does not support Site trunking like the XT and the 996T it would take a lot of work to import/massage these files to work with the 396T.

You are on the right track, create a system set to APCO25, put in the control channels fromt he CARMA Profile or RR page and off you go.

If you upgrade your membership on RadioReference to a paid membership you can use ARC396 to import the Systems directly from RR.

TheRover

Hi Newbie here..I am considering a new 396XT, can I recieve all of SC21 with the preprogrammed list in the radio ? I have mastered my old SC230 but this Digital/Trunking/ SC21 is a whole new world for me. I noticed the 396XT has a bunch of stuff preprogrammed in it from the factory. Would I need to update the towers ? I would also like to chock it full of conventional systems for the small towns I travel through. Thanks !

N9JIG

Sheriff
The preprogrammed files in the 396XT are only representative of systems, not complete. We have a StarCom21 system file for the XT at the CARMA Profiles page (CARMA Profiles) that you can load in with ARC-XT.

If you don't already have ARC-XT you can download it from Software for Uniden Radioshack GRE GRECOM MFJ DSE AOR police scanner software BCD996XT BCD396XT BC346T BCT15X PRO-404 PRO-405 PRO-97 PRO-96 PRO-2096 PRO-106 PRO-197 PRO-164 PRO-160 PRO-162 psr500 psr600 psr300 psr400 psr100 psr200 BCD996T BCT15 BC246. The demo mode works for 30 days, and if you like it then you can pay for it and keep using it. If not then it won't work after 30 days and you will already have programmed in the files.

You might also want to consider a paid membership here at RadioReference, in combination with ARC-XT or other applications you can download directly from the extensive RadioReference database into your radio. It is a real bargain!

Status
Not open for further replies.