StarCom21 2020 Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Hearing traffic on ISP District Chicago Channel D (TG 9008), possibly South Patrol (Dan Ryan and Bishop Ford expressways).

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Hearing traffic on ISP District Chicago Channel D (TG 9008), possibly South Expressway Patrol?

I was just about to post that..lol! DC Tac-3 (TGID 9011) & DC-South (TGID 9008) are being patched. Some cars have South programmed, others don't.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Heard a "George Sam" unit on ISP District Chicago Detail C (TG 9029). Anyone know which units these are? "Paul Sam" units (security at the James R. Thompson Center in Chicago) also use this talk group.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Heard a "George Sam" unit on ISP District Chicago Detail C (TG 9029). Anyone know which units these are? "Paul Sam" units (security at the James R. Thompson Center in Chicago) also use this talk group.
I think I've answered my own question. It appears that the "George Sam" units are security guards and the "Paul Sam" units are sworn officers.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
A couple of my SDS programming files for Starcom. Radio ID's are very accurate as of today and if anyone would like to copy and paste to their programming, have at it. (y)

Attachments

• ISP_Starcom (SDS200).zip
    16.3 KB · Views: 67
  • ISP_Starcom (SDS100).zip
    39.4 KB · Views: 54

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I've been seeing RID's in the 13000xx series being used by ISP District-Chicago recently. In the WiKi Morton Grove has previously been ID'd in this range.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
When I programmed my local STARCOM21 sites into a Favorites list in my SDS100, I included all of the freqs listed in the Radio Reference database for each site. When holding on a single site and watching the detailed version of the display, I noticed at times that the scanner would lose the control channel (indicated by the loss of the "DATA" indicator in the display) and start slowly to step through all the site's programmed freqs in search of the control channel. While this was happening, the scanner was not tracking the site properly and I would hear nothing. That's when I remembered something I heard years ago - you only need to program the control channel and alternate control channels (shown in the Radio Reference database in red and blue respectively) for P25 trunked systems.

I proceeded to delete all voice-only freqs for this site and immediately noticed that the scanner was receiving as it should. Lesson learned!

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
When I programmed my local STARCOM21 sites into a Favorites list in my SDS100, I included all of the freqs listed in the Radio Reference database for each site. When holding on a single site and watching the detailed version of the display, I noticed at times that the scanner would lose the control channel (indicated by the loss of the "DATA" indicator in the display) and start slowly to step through all the site's programmed freqs in search of the control channel. While this was happening, the scanner was not tracking the site properly and I would hear nothing. That's when I remembered something I heard years ago - you only need to program the control channel and alternate control channels (shown in the Radio Reference database in red and blue respectively) for P25 trunked systems.

I proceeded to delete all voice-only freqs for this site and immediately noticed that the scanner was receiving as it should. Lesson learned!

What's that saying..."old dogs, new tricks"... :LOL: :LOL:

lu81fitter

It has become routine for me to program ALL of the frequencies for each site in case they change the control channel to something other than the one listed. Is that detrimental? Will I be missing coms? Confusing the radio?

MikeyC

The units I'm seeing are patrol units. C-233-1300058/ C-240-1300059...and about 4-5 others. I'll monitor if these are pool cars or new mobile installations as I have a letter designation next to them on my list.

Typically the "utility cars" in each district have their mobile radio IDs set to <zone>3<district><car ID> so 1317203 is utility car from Dist 17. I've logged a handful of radios over the years in the 13000xx range but don't have IDs associated with them other than 1300005 who IDed as "FBI Unit Downtown" at some point. I wonder if the radio tech put the numbers in wrong or if this is a new set of cars?

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Typically the "utility cars" in each district have their mobile radio IDs set to <zone>3<district><car ID> so 1317203 is utility car from Dist 17. I've logged a handful of radios over the years in the 13000xx range but don't have IDs associated with them other than 1300005 who IDed as "FBI Unit Downtown" at some point. I wonder if the radio tech put the numbers in wrong or if this is a new set of cars?

The radio techs are using DC Car-to-car (TGID 9067) to perform radio checks but are not identifying the units. I have 4 more I was able to list but haven't heard a transmission yet to confirm the ID. The pool car theory is possible since they've replaced many in the fleet with new Ford Explorers and they usually borrow each other's vehicles when regular their vehicle is in maintenance.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Hearing radio-man TESTS on NWCD (Northwest Central Dispatch) new State-Wide talkgroup 3104 NWCD-S/W-4. AT 15:00 hours and right now at 16:00 hours CST to present. Loud and clear, others on a different mic slightly muffled. No tests heard on the other 4 S/W talkgroups 3101, 3102, 3103, 3105 yet. Site 149 Starcom21

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
TGID 36972..confirmed...Alsip-3

36972906cDOLREC PoliceOak Lawn Regional Emergency Communications: Alsip-3

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I receive T102 with 4 bars here in Joliet on three 996P2 scanners, in the last 18 hours I have had no signal or CC on T102 ?? TY....TY for the info on SW and Alsip

Status
Not open for further replies.