StarCom21 2020 Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I receive T102 with 4 bars here in Joliet on three 996P2 scanners, in the last 18 hours I have had no signal or CC on T102 ?? TY....TY for the info on SW and Alsip

Their were reports that the mobiles in the cars were not working earlier, but the portables were. It appears this is corrected. I always have a few sites per system in the event this happens. From my location on my SDS 200, DuPage site 1-001 is my back up.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
TY, I still have T113-126 so no problem, I did hear last week a few days techs testing all over on TG 20 so figured there up to something on T 102....

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Both towers are P2 but only the above named depts are using P2 and of those just a select amount of TG's are using it...

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Hearing Motorola techs doing testing in and around Antioch on TG 18. Testing different antenna set ups on portables, RSSI levels, etc.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Hearing a lot of use on TG3103 =T102 today....Cannot elaborate but in the open....I believe this a new TG3101-3105 State Wide....

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Continuing the quest to figure out who's on 36976...

I've still had no actual radio IDs on the talkgroup itself, it's being patched to something conventional/external, as all the RIDs are showing up as 0. I do have some traffic on 36977 and 36978, all secure, but using RIDs 179000-179006. Looking at the history I have for those IDs they've affiliated with APERN as well as a few other talkgroups in the Skokie/Lincolnwood/Northbrook general area. I'm wondering if this is Evanston. I'll keep an eye on it closer but it makes sense, they're supposed to be switching over.

EDIT: Can confirm, it's being patched from 470.5625, it's Evanston.

Last edited:

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Continuing the quest to figure out who's on 36976...

I've still had no actual radio IDs on the talkgroup itself, it's being patched to something conventional/external, as all the RIDs are showing up as 0. I do have some traffic on 36977 and 36978, all secure, but using RIDs 179000-179006. Looking at the history I have for those IDs they've affiliated with APERN as well as a few other talkgroups in the Skokie/Lincolnwood/Northbrook general area. I'm wondering if this is Evanston. I'll keep an eye on it closer but it makes sense, they're supposed to be switching over.

EDIT: Can confirm, it's being patched from 470.5625, it's Evanston.
Three SC21 TGs discussed in this post - which one is confirmed as being patched to 470.5625? Thanks....

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
District-Chicago (DC Tac-3 TGID 9011) patch to DC-South (TGID 9008) has been disabled. All South activity is being dispatched on the DC-South talk group...Dan Ryan/I 57/Calumet Expressways. Yes, I grew up out there and it went by Calumet Expressway and will continue to do so... :LOL:

TheAlmightyZach

Feed Provider
Huntley Fire has seemingly gone silent for all except tones. Other SEECOM fire departments are clear as day. More odd? No announcement was made like it originally was when they switched PD to encrypted. My hope would be that due to the fact that HFPD happens to be using a McHenry Sheriff talk group, that by chance SEECOM decided to switch them to a 341XX talk group that just isn't known yet but I fear encryption is upon us, and that is a complete blow to the chest...

Unfortunately, I'm out of the county for now so it's really hard for me to hear what's actually going on rather than just hearing a silent Broadcastify feed.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Apparently I’m wrong, I heard everyone talking crystal clear today.. guess I gotta dog into OP25 a bit and see what’s up!
Yes, I heard Huntley the day before your first post and all day Sunday. Same for Crystal Lake Fire on Sites 149 and 126. Still there.

TheAlmightyZach

Feed Provider
Yes, I heard Huntley the day before your first post and all day Sunday. Same for Crystal Lake Fire on Sites 149 and 126. Still there.

Not sure what happened previously, but very glad they are open to hear still. I heard them reference that they now have an OPS 1 talk group like both of the other SEECOM fire agencies have. I'm not always in the county, and it sounds like that TG is seldom used. Not yet in RR DB. I'll try to search for it much as I can, but certainly hard to find if you don't catch it in the act. If anyone hears of an OPS group for Huntley Fire, I'd appreciate it! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.