StarCom21 2020 Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Just heard Hometown PD officer inquiring to Evergreen PD on OLREC-1 (36961), if they could accept a prisoner transport to their lock-up. RID for the Hometown unit was 5763500, which coincides with other departments being dispatched by Cook County on their encrypted site.

I haven't seen/heard any related TGs show up for a Huntley Fire Ops yet. I have a few unknowns in enc but the #s wouldn't correspond. A lot of the TG's listed are seldom used, I just don't see hits at all except for the PD/FD dispatch TGs on the McHenry, Kane & NWCD sites.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
They’re almost permanently patched together. So either could be true, that’s the norm out there. When I was out there generally D20A was the supergroup but it could be either.

I monitor 2 sites normally from my house. Many districts must be affiliating with site's 1-001 and 1-002 over the past few days, probably because of the events. But anyway..logging many new RID's.

TheAlmightyZach

Feed Provider
As of the past few days SEECOM’s transmit volume has been very quiet from what I can tell. I of course can only hear them for fire departments, but the crews are loud and clear, SEECOM only seems to let out a pipsqueek “message received”... on and SDS100 and hosting the feed on OP25. Any way for me to remedy this on my end? Maybe it’s possible to increase volume by radio ID at least on the SDS?

Thanks!

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
If anyone else logs Radio ID's, specifically District-Chicago, they have updated all the patrol division's radio signatures since Friday. Supervisory personnel has updated their radio signatures within the last 2 weeks. I've been logging all the changes and hopefully will have my list completely updated soon.

Probably others have noted some new payroll disposition codes. Code 451/Community Caretaker has been broadcast frequently. In addition Code ES (Edward Sam), which stands for "Emergency Stand-By". All personnel are available for assignment 16-24 hours per day. "show me 10-42 Edward Sam, now show me 10-41 Community Caretaker". Do they have to pick up garbage and dog poop too or take little old ladies to the grocery stores? :LOL: :LOL:

TheAlmightyZach

Feed Provider
If anyone else logs Radio ID's, specifically District-Chicago, they have updated all the patrol division's radio signatures since Friday. Supervisory personnel has updated their radio signatures within the last 2 weeks. I've been logging all the changes and hopefully will have my list completely updated soon.

I've been trying to get some RIDs taken care of in my area. It's tedious work!

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Probably if a 9-1-1 call is received by a adjacent dispatch center this directs them as to the procedure, which I'm sure most know by now.

N9JIG

Sheriff
How common is it for dispatch to be handled from different counties? It never dawned on me as I’m primarily in McHenry, Kane, and Cook, who pretty much all have their dispatch done in the same county.
This filing does not indicate that Boone County's dispatch will be handled outside the county, it will remain handled by the two PSAPs in the county. Some of the back-room infrastructure is located in neighboring counties, that is pretty common these days.

Backup to the two PSAPS is the next county over, again, this is common.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
How common is it for dispatch to be handled from different counties? It never dawned on me as I’m primarily in McHenry, Kane, and Cook, who pretty much all have their dispatch done in the same county.
I wouldn't say it's common but it's not unheard of in the more rural areas. McDonough County handles all calls for themselves in addition to Schuyler County to the south.

VASCAR2

Saline County handles 911 for Gallatin County in Southern Illinois. Hardin and Pope County are contracted with Johnson County (Vianna) IIRC. Alexander County 911 was contracted out and I can’t remember if it was to Massac/Metropolis or Union County in Anna/Jonesboro. Hamilton County in Mcleansboro was required to go Phase II where they were going to contract 911 service with another County. Saline, White, Franklin and Jefferson Counties were options but I never heard of any final negotiations.

Last edited:

MikeyC

Here in LaSalle County there are 5 different counties dispatching agencies within the county.

Grundy County - Seneca FD / PD
Livingston County - Streator FD / PD
Marshall County - Wenona FD
DeKalb County - Leland FD
LaSalle County - The 3 dispatch centers, Ottawa Central Dispatch, ValComm and LaSalle County do the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.