StarCom21 2020 Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeatock

Premium Subscriber
FCC mandates for enhanced 911 is beyond the budget for many small counties. Since 911 is funded by a $2 surcharge on land-lines (which nobody has any more) and a few penny surcharge on cell phone numbers the money isn't there after the frugal State of Illinois takes their 'administrative' fee off the top. Wide area consolidated dispatch centers with bottomless budgets are taking over. That's great for the casual listener and works fine as long as the dispatcher has local knowledge, but sucks when the 911 center has no clue where "the old Johnson farm" is. We also used to know who we were talking to by voice recognition, but no more.

officerdave

Retired LEO
my county has had a consolidated dispatch center ( independent agency) for years since I believe the late 70s . We have since added another consolidated one ( at local town but covers multiple towns) and for a short time more the Sheriffs office. I run on the only " local " dispatch center left in the county. I agree that I will miss TCOs that know the town and who you actually are by voice , but the times are a changing. I have friends that work in other States as Conservation Officers with 1 central dispatch center for the entire state. They have no idea who is talking to them .

RBMTS

New talkgroup: 11054 TriCom FD. Being used as a training channel. Phase 2.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
TriCom has switched over, UHF silent. I'm a little out of range to consistently pull in the Kane site on Unitrunker but I'm not seeing any traffic on the South Elgin talkgroup either. Lots of encrypted hits on 11021 and 11022, all Phase II.

Tri-Com's cutover has its own thread here.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
If anyone else logs Radio ID's, specifically District-Chicago, they have updated all the patrol division's radio signatures since Friday. Supervisory personnel has updated their radio signatures within the last 2 weeks. I've been logging all the changes and hopefully will have my list completely updated soon.

Probably others have noted some new payroll disposition codes. Code 451/Community Caretaker has been broadcast frequently. In addition Code ES (Edward Sam), which stands for "Emergency Stand-By". All personnel are available for assignment 16-24 hours per day. "show me 10-42 Edward Sam, now show me 10-41 Community Caretaker". Do they have to pick up garbage and dog poop too or take little old ladies to the grocery stores? :LOL: :LOL:

I've attached an updated RID list as of today. I'd be happy to add these to the WiKi but with over 2,500 radio ID's, that would be alot of typing! Feel free to import, copy & paste onto your Starcom programming.

Attachments

• ISP_Starcom (SDS100).zip
    41.8 KB · Views: 48

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
I've been hearing a handful of generic "EMA" units on the ITTF Central Zone Ops A TG (30301) lately. Today, RID 426005 (who has been working these units) IDd as "Montgomery County EOC". It appears that these are Chris-Mont (Christian and Montgomery Counties) EMA units. At least four of these RIDs are in the 426xxx range, which previously seemed to be used exclusively by Office of the State Fire Marshall (OSFM) units. A few of these "EMA" units have also been noted in the low 420xxx range.

Last edited:

nick223

Feed Provider
I've attached an updated RID list as of today. I'd be happy to add these to the WiKi but with over 2,500 radio ID's, that would be alot of typing! Feel free to import, copy & paste onto your Starcom programming.
is there anyway to add unit Ids in like note pad and import them into proscan instead of adding them one at a time in the programming?

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
is there anyway to add unit Ids in like note pad and import them into proscan instead of adding them one at a time in the programming?

I don't know about that, but if you download the file, in Sentinel you can Import a new file (call it shades starcom file or something like that?). Edit favorites, choose file, go into Unit ID's, highlight one of them, right click Select All, Right click Copy, go into your Starcom program file, right click paste, File Save...write to scanner. I haven't imported an hpe file into ProScan but you can save it under a different name so not to erase any of your current programming.

Since I posted that, I made about 5 updates, so try this one if you'd like. I made some changes, added IDOT and Tollway to my favorite list, so you'll see those radio ID's in the mix now.

Attachments

• Starcom 21 (SDS100).zip
    45.6 KB · Views: 19

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Some of the "soon to be" District 15 probationary troopers are having "radio school" this morning on TGID 2028 (D15-Central?). Dispatch is using RID 10095, probationary troopers are using radios in the 14xxx and 16xxx series.

nick223

Feed Provider
I don't know about that, but if you download the file, in Sentinel you can Import a new file (call it shades starcom file or something like that?). Edit favorites, choose file, go into Unit ID's, highlight one of them, right click Select All, Right click Copy, go into your Starcom program file, right click paste, File Save...write to scanner. I haven't imported an hpe file into ProScan but you can save it under a different name so not to erase any of your current programming.

Since I posted that, I made about 5 updates, so try this one if you'd like. I made some changes, added IDOT and Tollway to my favorite list, so you'll see those radio ID's in the mix now.
Just wish there was an easier way to add and import. I just take your file and import it as hpe and just select the unit ids

but I like to add some to it and don’t want to add everything one by one. I like to keep it clean and in order is all.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Just wish there was an easier way to add and import. I just take your file and import it as hpe and just select the unit ids

but I like to add some to it and don’t want to add everything one by one. I like to keep it clean and in order is all.

What I like to do is use the tool at the top of Sentinel Unit ID screen, which gives you organizing options. It's the icon with what I refer to is arrow up/arrow down. It takes you to a drop down menu. When I add anything, it will organize the way I prefer (I use the name).

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Some of the "soon to be" District 15 probationary troopers are having "radio school" this morning on TGID 2028 (D15-Central?). Dispatch is using RID 10095, probationary troopers are using radios in the 14xxx and 16xxx series.

District 2 is doing the same thing on D2 Local (TGID 9058).

RBMTS

Lots of radio unit testing on the TriCom 11044 talk group. Also now simulcast voice/tone fire dispatches are going out on 11044 (Phase 2). Primary comms are still on the VHF repeater.

officerdave

Retired LEO
Talked to a friend of mine last night, his daughter works one of the tri cities. She said last week , they were handed an assigned new StarCom21 radio and told good luck. No training at all so far. Lots of complaints on audio quality , they are coming off an analog voted system. More to come ....

ilgrant

Talked to a friend of mine last night, his daughter works one of the tri cities. She said last week , they were handed an assigned new StarCom21 radio and told good luck. No training at all so far. Lots of complaints on audio quality , they are coming off an analog voted system. More to come ....
Yikes on training! I'm sure going from analog to Phase 2 will yield plenty of audio quality complaints.

TheAlmightyZach

Feed Provider
McHenry County Simulcast - 3 new voice frequencies: 857.1125, 856.6625, and 854.5375. Submitted to RR, pending update to the SC21 page. Was wondering why my SDS100 wasn't "hearing" everything while my OP25 seemed to be working just fine, this seems to explain it. Figured I'd post on the forum here if anyone else is experiencing any troubles.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
McHenry County Simulcast - 3 new voice frequencies: 857.1125, 856.6625, and 854.5375. Submitted to RR, pending update to the SC21 page. Was wondering why my SDS100 wasn't "hearing" everything while my OP25 seemed to be working just fine, this seems to explain it. Figured I'd post on the forum here if anyone else is experiencing any troubles.

Do you mean control channel frequencies?

TheAlmightyZach

Feed Provider
Do you mean control channel frequencies?

No, I do mean voice frequencies, the ones that show up in black text in the RR database. Though I did just notice that 851.35 is an Alt Control alongside the two already in the DB. The other 3 voice frequencies are just used on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.