StarCom21 2020 Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Under DuPage County Starcom is this heading.

DuPage County - ACDC Talkgroups

Besides a band, what is ACDC please?

Greg
EDIT: Computer wasn't displaying right and didn't show someone had already answered, so what everyone else said. But here's their website.

merleraymond

Premium Subscriber
anybody ever heard oh a six digit code needed to unlock frequencies for a phase II starcom site. i'm not aware of anyplace to use that in a scanner

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. Thought there was more to it then that.

Think of it as 1 main controller site, and numerous "sub-sites" that repeat conversations to the main controller site in simulcast systems. That's my explanation to some that I programmed scanners for and when they ask.

ltginrage

Ok. I was listening to a simulcast site the other day it seemed like it was trasmitting more TGs than expected.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Ok. I was listening to a simulcast site the other day it seemed like it was trasmitting more TGs than expected.

If another user that normally isn't on the site affiliates with the site you're listening to, you'll hear traffic from that talkgroup because it's affiliating with the site. This appears to be more common on simulcast sites than stand-alone sites.

techosupreme

I am in Kankakee county. I have programmed my Uniden BCD325P2 for ONLY the Kankakee county specific frequencies and talkgroups.
For some reason, I seem to be getting a few TGs from ISP Chicago and Pontiac districts. (13000, 9013, 9002, possibly more)
Anybody got ideas on why this might be happening?

GTO_04

I am in Kankakee county. I have programmed my Uniden BCD325P2 for ONLY the Kankakee county specific frequencies and talkgroups.
For some reason, I seem to be getting a few TGs from ISP Chicago and Pontiac districts. (13000, 9013, 9002, possibly more)
Anybody got ideas on why this might be happening?

Someone, probably an ISP trooper from one of those districts, was in the area and their radio affiliated with the tower(s) in Kankakee County.

GTO_04

Status
Not open for further replies.