StarCom21 2020 Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Speaking of active* transmissions. It was reported the other day by Awesomeman92 that Harper College Security here in Palatine IL was (testing) Starcom21 talkgroups/radios. I am right by there and usually have trouble hearing their analog stuff on the horrible Whistler WS1080. The volume is always too low for Harper. They're doing some (regular) traffic tonight... usual stuff, checking to make sure folks on site are supposed to be there. Loud and clear. 34806-34808
Radio IDs were 82014, 82016 and 409866 showing on my Unication G5 pager.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Speaking of active* transmissions. It was reported the other day by Awesomeman92 that Harper College Security here in Palatine IL was (testing) Starcom21 talkgroups/radios. I am right by there and usually have trouble hearing their analog stuff on the horrible Whistler WS1080. The volume is always too low for Harper. They're doing some (regular) traffic tonight... usual stuff, checking to make sure folks on site are supposed to be there. Loud and clear. 34806-34808
Radio IDs were 82014, 82016 and 409866 showing on my Unication G5 pager.
To be fair, their analog repeater isn't the best, it suffers from a lot of interference from UIC. I'm sure they don't notice it on campus on the portables but it's definitely noticeable with a decent antenna.

I've also got hits on a few TGs from IDs 267225-267235, which have also affiliated with NWCDS PD 2 - I would guess these are for mutual aid with NWCDS. The rest I think are RIDs from radio caches, which is interesting. Also have logins or voice traffic on all RIDs from 10002000-10002017, 10002021, and 10002031.

Last edited:

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Hearing Countryside PD on TGID 34499 (Phase-2/Countryside-Local), being dispatched by Southwest Central (RID 189319). They have been having issues on both Net-7 and Net-9 with Southwest Central, so my thinking this is a temporary solution to a problem as LTACC is supposed to take over dispatching in the near future.

Just to add, most Countryside units are in the 1893xx series, but did see a supervisor come up with 189201. 4900 series units.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Hearing Countryside PD on TGID 34499 (Phase-2/Countryside-Local), being dispatched by Southwest Central (RID 189319). They have been having issues on both Net-7 and Net-9 with Southwest Central, so my thinking this is a temporary solution to a problem as LTACC is supposed to take over dispatching in the near future.

Just to add, most Countryside units are in the 1893xx series, but did see a supervisor come up with 189201. 4900 series units.

RID 189319 is a portable being used by Southwest Central.

usswood

It appears to have gone silent again.
Hey guys, Law enforcement does monitor these forums also.... seems you guys let them understand they had a security breach with ENC traffic patched to the non secure VHF side! I'm sure they appreciated the heads up to correct this oversight...

(sometimes certain things are best in a private message or just not revealed)

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, Law enforcement does monitor these forums also.... seems you guys let them understand they had a security breach with ENC traffic patched to the non secure VHF side! I'm sure they appreciated the heads up to correct this oversight...

(sometimes certain things are best in a private message or just not revealed)

As I've learned over the years, those radio folks know exactly what was going on and it doesn't take us to enlighten them.

As it's been noted, Countryside local has been carrying traffic in the clear since their were many problems with Nets 9&7 and Southwest Central is utilizing a portable for dispatch. I'm sure they're fully aware of this talkgroup being in the clear and since no one revealed any sensitive conversations no damage done.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
I was reviewing some notes from 2019 and came across one where someone reported that SC21 Site 145 (Gilson, Knox County) might have been renumbered to 245. Can anyone confirm this? It is currently in the Radio Reference database as Site 145.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
The Canton site in Fulton County is up and running. Canton PD is using it. Fulton County Sheriff is using STARCOM even though all of the new sites are not on the air yet.
What site number is that showing up as? Could you share the active frequencies for that site? Are you hearing any local talkgroups that aren't listed in the Fulton County subcategory of the Radio Refererence SC21 database page?

Thanks!

Last edited:

n9lob

Premium Subscriber
Woodford County Sheriff is simulcasting their 453.550 UHF on TG5806 as they prepare to switch in the next couple of months. There's still no CC activity on either of the two new sites in the county.

YoShep69

Premium Subscriber
Woodford County Sheriff is simulcasting their 453.550 UHF on TG5806 as they prepare to switch in the next couple of months. There's still no CC activity on either of the two new sites in the county.
Are you hearing tg6326 from the Congerville site?

Greg

n9lob

Premium Subscriber
Are you hearing tg6326 from the Congerville site?

Greg
I turned on my wildcard bank in my pro197 two minutes ago and lo and behold there it is. I have no clue what it is but I will give it a listen.

n9lob

Premium Subscriber
It sounds like tg6326 is a simulcast of Tazewell Rural municipalities TG02-021. This is a good test for channel loading on Congerville at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.