StarCom21 2020 Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyC

Illinois DNR Units. I have been hearing a handful of 8F-XX units the last few weeks. I know they are Conservation units but there isn’t a Region 8 For DNR. Does anyone know any specifics about them? Investigators?
8F units are units in training. They are teamed up with regular DNR Law units until they complete training and are assigned unit IDs in whichever district they end up in

cubn

Database Admin
I’ve never listened to them before, but I believe it was a Passport LTR system. I would guess it’s the same users, garbage trucks, snowplows, street repair, etc.

Bloomington PW were on that LTR Passport system then switched to the old BPD uhf channels for a few years before Starcom21. Anyone know if the following UHF freqs are still in use or can be deleted?

I know the Miller Park Zoo was still in use last fall (the tone had changed from PL to DPL).

453.150RM331 DPLPublic Works / Trash Pickup / Snow Plows
453.925RM331 DPLPublic Works
460.125RM331 DPLPublic Works: Trash Collection (Garbage/Recyling?)
453.100RM136.5 PLBuilding Inspectors
453.850RM136.5 PLBuilding Inspectors (also Parks?)
453.400RM110.9 PLHousing Authority
453.100RM071 DPLMiller Park Zoo
453.100RM118.8 PLParks / Recreation
453.625M233.6 PLPrairie Vista Golf Course - DTMF Data
453.975RM77.0 PLHighland Park Golf Course (w/ Automated Voice)
466.0875M205 DPLCenter for the Performing Arts
458.225M162.2 PLEvergreen Memorial Cemetery: Ops

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Was out near Rockford today and Unitrunker caught Freeport PD1 showing as encrypted. Wasn't in the area long enough to determine whether it is 100% but what traffic I saw all was. Maybe someone closer out that way could confirm whether or not they've gone secure.

VASCAR2

Freeport PD was encrypted but Stephenson County Sheriff Dispatch was in the clear last time I was in the area.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Logged a lot of new 11xxx talkgroups starting today, just affiliations at this point, not really any voice traffic yet. RIDs in the 332xxx range, hitting on both sites 126 and 149. Looks like Kane County is finally getting ready to switch over in the near future.

Elpato

Premium Subscriber
Logged a lot of new 11xxx talkgroups starting today, just affiliations at this point, not really any voice traffic yet. RIDs in the 332xxx range, hitting on both sites 126 and 149. Looks like Kane County is finally getting ready to switch over in the near future.
They using encryption? Would be nice to finally hear the county radio while in the county for once.. cant beleive its taken them this long to upgrade.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
They using encryption? Would be nice to finally hear the county radio while in the county for once.. cant beleive its taken them this long to upgrade.
Can't tell yet, once they start actually having voice calls then it'll show whether they are or not.

RBMTS

I didn’t make the map but it’s easily enough done by uploading addresses or lat/lon. What do you want to know?

ltginrage

I noticed it was outdated somewhat and read the Starcom 21 wiki and it said contact him if interested in help maintaning it. I would ask him if he needs help with upkeep but I cant find a profile or contact info for him.

tommypickles

Hearing traffic on TG 3786 with UID of 94000 and 94504
The UIDs show up as Will County on the Wiki.
No info on TG 3786
Heard on site 113 Sunday afternoon and they were directing traffic.
Any ideas?

jx87jx

3785 is Will County East Dispatch SC21 TG, Maybe it’s the Will County South Dispatch SC21 TG?

jx87jx

It would be nice if somebody could add it to the DB...
Did you enter a ticket for that to be added to the database? There's only a few admins that edit that database, I would put my money in they haven't had a chance to update it. I would myself but haven't have been granted permission to do so at this time

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
Did you enter a ticket for that to be added to the database? There's only a few admins that edit that database, I would put my money in they haven't had a chance to update it. I would myself but haven't have been granted permission to do so at this time
Going to submit it now. I'm not trying to rush it in any way.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I'm receiving a new Voice Channel for Site 1-002 of 774.03125...
It would be nice if somebody could add it to the DB...
Going to submit it now. I'm not trying to rush it in any way.

No hurry...as long as the Control Channel frequencies don't change, the scanner will find them. I don't program the voice channels, just Control and Alternate.

Status
Not open for further replies.