StarCom21 2020 Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
My Christmas gift...updated Radio ID's as of tonight. Included is the District 2 Probationary Troopers new radio signatures, amongst others.

Attachments

• Illinois State Police (SDS100).zip
    46.5 KB · Views: 66

btlacer

KI4SJU/ Fire Captain/ EMTFR
Hey everyone I'm needing some help, I'm located in Henderson, Ky and was wanting to monitor Starcom. Not sure if I can pick it up or not but was trying to find the closest tower to put into my SDS200. Can anyone help me out?

Patch42

I would grab all of the sites in the database here with RFSS of 3 and let it scan through those for a while and see what comes up. That's way more than you'll want to scan regularly, but it should let you identify what you might receive. You could also Analyze each of those sites and see if any give you a signal.

Aside from that, a quick look at the map suggests Herald and Phillipstown might be in range if you have a good antenna.

RBMTS

Hey everyone I'm needing some help, I'm located in Henderson, Ky and was wanting to monitor Starcom. Not sure if I can pick it up or not but was trying to find the closest tower to put into my SDS200. Can anyone help me out?

Try the sites listed in Hardin and White counties. Those are probably the closest to you. It's a stretch but maybe you can pick them up.

Patch42

Check the database here at RR for the STARCOM21 system. The fourth column lists the county. The third column has the site name. Or drag them all in and check Location Control. Then the scanner will automatically include the ones that are in range. You might need to set your location range fairly high to get any of them included.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Thank you very much, what type of coverage does the Starcom do?
If you click on the "NAME" of the SITE in blue it gives you the coverage map/miles
OR you could try broadcastify's site and listen to a feed if it's covered in that County by someone providing a feed. I do that all the time downstate when weather's bad, following storms

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
btlacer, PM a member EAF1956. He's in Evansville and probably your best resource. BTW, love your state park there on your side of the river

Status
Not open for further replies.