StarCom21 2021 Official Thread

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,
Have been wanting to get a scanner for a while. Thinking about ordering a BCD325P2. I am in Lake County IL and would like to monitor the police agencies around here. I see that the lake county Sherriff is encrypted, however I am having a hard time understanding if this would mean I would not be able to receive any other city/village police agencies such as Antioch, Round Lake Beach, Lake Villa, etc... If those are all encrypted as well than I would rather save my money. My main wish is to monitor police transmissions.
The short answer: save your money.

There are only a handful of PDs that aren't encrypted (Gurnee, Barrington off the top of my head, Round Lake Beach and anyone CENCOM may not be but I can't remember for sure), most of the big ones are and anyone on StarCom is guaranteed encrypted.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,
Have been wanting to get a scanner for a while. Thinking about ordering a BCD325P2. I am in Lake County IL and would like to monitor the police agencies around here. I see that the lake county Sherriff is encrypted, however I am having a hard time understanding if this would mean I would not be able to receive any other city/village police agencies such as Antioch, Round Lake Beach, Lake Villa, etc... If those are all encrypted as well than I would rather save my money. My main wish is to monitor police transmissions.
Yes most of all of Lake County is Police and Sheriff is Encrypted. Round Lake MAY still be on VHF but that probably change soon if it has not already. Fire is still mostly VHF with some simulcasting on Starcomm and VHF for tone outs

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
I've been hearing ISPERN VHF traffic being patched on the District-Chicago Priority talk group (TGID 9051) over the past couple of days.
I just thought of something. Why isn't activity from 155.475 patched to TG 9051 all the time? Not to sound ignorant or anything, but when I go to Will Co and monitor the county P25 system, their ISPERN Patch TG is pretty active (along with their IFERN Patch). It always baffled me as to why I only hear 1 side of the conversation most of the time on Chicago Priority.