StarCom21 2021 Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Rosemont was heard with coverage testing on a Motorola TG (I believe) a few months ago, FWIW.

Do they self-dispatch or is it done by Norcom?
[/QUOTE]
It was Rosemont PD that I heard earlier with
coverage testing, and I'm not sure about their dispatch arrangements.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Rosemont is now dispatched by Norcomm. They fought it til the end they finally had to give in to the PSAP law

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
District 5 is being dispatched by Pontiac this morning on the same D 5A talkgroup. Seeing Pontiac Dispatch console Radio ID's. No issues with District-Chicago as they are dispatching normally.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
District 5 is being dispatched by Pontiac this morning on the same D 5A talkgroup. Seeing Pontiac Dispatch console Radio ID's. No issues with District-Chicago as they are dispatching normally.

"R-131 Pontiac, are we back to Pontiac (On D5 A)"...."10-4 sir". The update can be made..

I have a quick question in regards to Rochelle,IL STARCOM21 site, I don’t see it listed in the database anymore did they remove it and if so what tower does Rochelle PD use? I see there is one in Oregon any help would be appreciated

MikeyC

I have a quick question in regards to Rochelle,IL STARCOM21 site, I don’t see it listed in the database anymore did they remove it and if so what tower does Rochelle PD use? I see there is one in Oregon any help would be appreciated
T136 is still there but it's now listed as "Creston, IL" which is east of Rochelle. The signal is still strong in Rochelle so I don't know if the tower moved or if it's been labeled wrong the whole time :)

VASCAR2

The site which is listed as Creston is the same as previously labeled Rochelle. The data base here on RR still list the gps coordinates as previously when the site was named Rochelle. The site is a tower utilized by the Illinois Tollway at I-88 and Woodlawn Road just east of I-39. The site is located on the northwest corner of the the I-88 & Woodlawn Rd. intersection. Woodlawn Road (County Hwy 18) is a County highway which runs South out of Creston and the Starcom site/tower is about 2 miles south of Illinois 38.

With Ogle County and Rochelle PD using SC21 I wonder if another future site might be added in the Rochelle vicinity to permit better in building coverage by portables for RPD. That might explain the name change, but pure speculation.

Thanks for the reply’s I was in Rochelle at the railroad park and had my SDS100 and was monitoring the Creston site for a brief time thanks for the information and I didn’t know Ogle county is now on StarCom21

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
I was passing through the Rockford area the other day and I heard voice comms on STARCOM21 TG 3461 (Site 111) that pertained to traffic and other issues in Rockton. Units were 990xx RIDs, one IDd as " 5 KING 2". I updated the TG and RID info in the Radio Reference SC21 wiki to reflect that it might be Rockton PD. Is there anyone who has more information about this TG and the RIDs? Traffic was regular P25 in the clear. Unknown if this is a dispatch or local TG, I'd like to confirm this one and add it to the RR database. Thanks!

cubn

Database Admin
The site which is listed as Creston is the same as previously labeled Rochelle. The data base here on RR still list the gps coordinates as previously when the site was named Rochelle. The site is a tower utilized by the Illinois Tollway at I-88 and Woodlawn Road just east of I-39. The site is located on the northwest corner of the the I-88 & Woodlawn Rd. intersection. Woodlawn Road (County Hwy 18) is a County highway which runs South out of Creston and the Starcom site/tower is about 2 miles south of Illinois 38.

With Ogle County and Rochelle PD using SC21 I wonder if another future site might be added in the Rochelle vicinity to permit better in building coverage by portables for RPD. That might explain the name change, but pure speculation.

I had changed Rochelle to Creston based on these directions: Database Administrator Handbook Live Version - The RadioReference Wiki

If the system refers to it as the "Rochelle site" then I'll change it back.

TangoBlue

Premium Subscriber
I've been on running UniTracker on the Lake County site (001-015) and the amount of encrypted traffic is depressing :( Looks like mostly ISP traffic and some fire is still in the clear.

ID:1876
ID:1878
ID:1879
ID:2789
ID:33472
ID:33479 [ENC]
ID:33480
ID:33481
ID:33495 [ENC]
ID:33508 [ENC]
ID:36445
ID:3688 [ENC]
ID:5793
ID:65536

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Sterling is now dispatching District 2 on D2 A. It would appear they are limiting District-Chicago to itself.

Pontiac is dispatching District 5, Sterling is dispatching District 2 :unsure:

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Thats correct from here also , seems with tollway shootings the heats on for Chicago to use all resources to stop it

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Sterling is now dispatching District 2 on D2 A. It would appear they are limiting District-Chicago to itself.

Didn't last long, District-Chicago is dispatching District 2 again. I'm wondering if these Dispatch Center changes are temporary due to staffing shortages, illness etc? Time will tell of course..

Pontiac is still dispatching District 5 at this time.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
I've been on running UniTracker on the Lake County site (001-015) and the amount of encrypted traffic is depressing :( Looks like mostly ISP traffic and some fire is still in the clear.

ID:1876
ID:1878
ID:1879
ID:2789
ID:33472
ID:33479 [ENC]
ID:33480
ID:33481
ID:33495 [ENC]
ID:33508 [ENC]
ID:36445
ID:3688 [ENC]
ID:5793
ID:65536
The Majority of Lake Co LE including the Sheriff are Enc. nothing new there

TangoBlue

Premium Subscriber
The Majority of Lake Co LE including the Sheriff are Enc. nothing new there

Yeah, it is just disappointing :(

I'm surprised the fire departments aren't encrypted. I imagine it might be because of interop, but once most are on SC21 I don't imagine it would be that hard to flip.

Do we have any reasoning why some are encrypted and others are not?

I hear the Terrorism Task Force doing test calls in clear and that is one I would expect to be encrypted.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, it is just disappointing :(

I'm surprised the fire departments aren't encrypted. I imagine it might be because of interop, but once most are on SC21 I don't imagine it would be that hard to flip.

Do we have any reasoning why some are encrypted and others are not?

I hear the Terrorism Task Force doing test calls in clear and that is one I would expect to be encrypted.
Fire has no reason to Encrypt. Some do have admin TG that are if necessary. The only ones who are not really encrypted are the few like Cencomm agencies who have not gone over to Starcomm yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.