StarCom21 2022 Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Don't think this has been mentioned yet, apologies if it has: I'm hearing/seeing Glenview dispatching fire units on TG 33487, phase 2. Couple 245xxx IDs with most hits coming from 126954, sounds like it's being patched from something conventional and both dispatcher and mobiles are on that ID. Someone more familiar with that area's operations could probably nail down where the patch is to/from in a second, I'm just not that familiar.

Active on site 149.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
I'm hearing/seeing Glenview dispatching fire units on TG 33487, phase 2...Couple 245xxx IDs...it's being patched from something conventional and both dispatcher and mobiles are on that ID...
245xxx is Grayslake, heard engines 271 and 273 ID. Looks like Grayslake may be the only one using the SC21 side and it's being patched to both 159.795 and 151.010.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
With these districts becoming larger, there are more STARCOM tower sites that will be utilized for radio traffic. For example, the tower at the east end of District 17 in Streator and Congerville (south in D-8) will probably being carrying traffic from the Quad-Cities area now. That will tie up more resources on the system, as some towers are "hardwired" so the radio signals in these areas are saturated. Is ISP also making the move to Phase 2 radios?
I would suspect the current channel schemes will be updated and the same traffic will be carried with different names and different radio signatures.
I'm just referring to system resources, doesn't matter what they will be called. The tower site in Streator already carries traffic for D-17, D-5, D-6, and D-8, now you're adding D-7 to that and maybe D-2? That's quite a bit of airtime.....
I'm sure it's been well thought out, and Phase 2 talkgroups are probably in the future. The DuPage and Cook County simulcast sites carry alot of traffic including many Districts outside of the normal area affiliate with these sites, and the traffic is handled. The site probably isn't being used near it's capacity, and plenty of room for additional traffic.
IDK, how much capacity does it have w/ only 6 freqs listed, and 2 of those being labeled as possible CC's?

And by "well thought out" you mean comm techs ripping their hair out & waking up in cold sweats over how to make this all work on a system they never wanted in the first place?

I'll bring these posts over here since they involve Starcom:

If the techs you really know are that distressed over capacity, they can reach out to Motorola to add voice frequencies and Phase 2 capabilities (if it's not already programmed) to the site. Starcom has many frequencies licensed to the system.

The Troop channel assignments are unknown at this time, and which sites will be primarily handling which talkgroups is still unknown. I'd suspect the same talkgroups with different text tag designations would be a good guess, but no one knows that I'm aware of.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Also remember that only one CC is used as Control at a time, that makes a 6-channel Site have 5 voice paths as the Alternate Control Channels are always available for use as Voice.

As for ISP going to all Phase 2 there are a lot of things involved here, most have dollar signs attached.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Also remember that only one CC is used as Control at a time, that makes a 6-channel Site have 5 voice paths as the Alternate Control Channels are always available for use as Voice.

As for ISP going to all Phase 2 there are a lot of things involved here, most have dollar signs attached.

Yes, but alot of this is speculation at this time, unless someone can add verified information. ISP has started reducing radio traffic, troopers have been told to "enter their 10-42 information on IWIN". 10-28's, 10-29's used to be given over the air as I'm sure you remember, but they've reduced much of the non-essential radio traffic.

p25man123

Premium Subscriber
ACDC 1 Westmont PD (TGID 2601) switched to Phase II TDMA mode as of 12/17. ID's are now in the 100101XX's from APX Next Radios

Also, not sure why Woodridge Local (TGID 2690) is partially encrypted. Air has been clear last time I checked.

Last edited:

vest2208

Premium Subscriber
I noticed lots of new/updated info regarding Talkgroups in the Cook County Sheriff’s node as of late. Does anyone have a clue as to what TG Blue Island PD uses? I know they're dispatched by Cook Co 911, but after a while of looking through my info on Unitrunker, I got nothing. Maybe they share the 'CK METRO SE' channel with Harvey?
They share Metro South with Hometown & Merrionette Park

werinshades

Premium Subscriber

32 to District-Chicago (Troop 3)
10 to Collinsville (Troop 8)

49 more probationary troopers coming out. 40 total for Troop 3 between 2 classes.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Looking to determine what agency or agencies use RIDs in the 140xxx range (roughly 140000-140067, 140876-140999). I've only seen them on TGs 36441-36450 (Site 101), and all transmissions have been encrypted. Anyone know for sure? A few RIDs in the 1408xx and 1409xx ranges have also been reported affiliating with or keying up on IL Department of Revenue portable scale TGs 4551 and 4556 in the Radio Reference SC21 wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.