StarCom21 2023 Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Happy New Year! Database admins are in the process of posting confirmed Illinois State Police Troop talkgroups to the Radio Reference STARCOM21 database page, but we need YOUR help! Active talkgroups heard so far for Troops 1,2,3 and 8 have been posted, but we need confirmations for what's in use for Troops 4,5,6,7,9 and 10 as well as any confirmed talkgroups not already posted for Troops 1,2,3 and 8. It appears that there are no changes anticipated for Troop 15 (the former District 15).

Initial information about the Troops, the counties they cover and the the primary/secondary talkgroups they are slated to use are posted in the ISP wiki. There could be other former ISP district talkgroups (car-to-car, etc.) in use as well.

Please submit what you're hearing via the STARCOM21 database page so the rest of the Troop talkgroups can be posted as well.

Thanks!

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Happy New Year! Database admins are in the process of posting confirmed Illinois State Police Troop talkgroups to the Radio Reference STARCOM21 database page, but we need YOUR help! Active talkgroups heard so far for Troops 1,2,3 and 8 have been posted, but we need confirmations for what's in use for Troops 4,5,6,7,9 and 10 as well as any confirmed talkgroups not already posted for Troops 1,2,3 and 8. It appears that there are no changes anticipated for Troop 15 (the former District 15).

Initial information about the Troops, the counties they cover and the the primary/secondary talkgroups they are slated to use are posted in the ISP wiki. There could be other former ISP district talkgroups (car-to-car, etc.) in use as well.

Please submit what you're hearing via the STARCOM21 database page so the rest of the Troop talkgroups can be posted as well.

Thanks!

Some of the S-Sam (South Patrol assignments) might not be correct. Heard mention of S(Sam)-11/S(Sam) 12/S(Sam) 13 referenced yesterday.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber

Thanks!

Currently in Bloomington running DSD on the Normal site 229, hearing 4-xx on 13002 (old D8 A), 5-xx units on 13000 (D6 A), 6-xx units on 13004 (D9 A), 7-xx on 13007 (D10 A). Haven't seen any secondary talkgroup usage other than that but I haven't had a whole lot of time to watch the system.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Question/suggestion...should the ISP Restructuring 2023 thread be combined now since the information is starting to duplicate?

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Currently in Bloomington running DSD on the Normal site 229, hearing 4-xx on 13002 (old D8 A), 5-xx units on 13000 (D6 A), 6-xx units on 13004 (D9 A), 7-xx on 13007 (D10 A). Haven't seen any secondary talkgroup usage other than that but I haven't had a whole lot of time to watch the system.
Primary talkgroups for Troops 5, 6 and 7 have been added to the database, thanks for the updates!

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
Anyone have the updated Unit ID's for ISP?

Note: Not the wiki
But to copy/paste directly

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
Simple concept I know and have tried.
Sadly, I guess I was too slow writing the ID's
And have them wrote down correct, by the time they unkeyed.

I was hoping that someone else may have had better luck.
And I was able to get the correct information.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Simple concept I know and have tried.
Sadly, I guess I was too slow writing the ID's
And have them wrote down correct, by the time they unkeyed.

I was hoping that someone else may have had better luck.
And I was able to get the correct information.

Yes...I do, but now I have 3,875 and making edits and corrections, so it might be awhile before it's close to 99.5% accurate. Find a way that works for you best to catch them. No simple method I have, just what I do.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin

Thanks!
Running especially low on resources for confirming ISP Troop 10 (former ISP Districts 13, 22 and Saline and Gallatin Counties from former District 19). No replies yet, and no Broacastify recordings available for the former D13A and D22A talkgroups (17006 and 17014 respectively). Is there anyone in or near the far Southeast portion of Illinois that could give those talkgroups a listen and report back?

Elpato

Premium Subscriber
Noticed new radio id's on ducom 7 south
Looks like new radios are starting to go out for the change over

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Running especially low on resources for confirming ISP Troop 10 (former ISP Districts 13, 22 and Saline and Gallatin Counties from former District 19). No replies yet, and no Broacastify recordings available for the former D13A and D22A talkgroups (17006 and 17014 respectively). Is there anyone in or near the far Southeast portion of Illinois that could give those talkgroups a listen and report back?
ISP Troop 10 talkgroups (former TGs 13A and 22A) are confirmed thanks to Broadcastify recordings this morning. Troop units are using "X" prefixes.

Still need to confirm Troop 4 secondary (former 21A, 13009) and Troop 9 secondary (former D20A, 13011) talkgroups.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Still need to confirm Troop 4 secondary (former 21A, 13009) and Troop 9 secondary (former D20A, 13011) talkgroups.

The way I understand it (and programed it), was the secondary talkgroups will only be used during an incident etc., and not for normal day-to-day dispatch operations, is probably going to be the reason for lack of information. Is that correct @RTmed519 ?

RTmed519

Premium Subscriber
The way I understand it (and programed it), was the secondary talkgroups will only be used during an incident etc., and not for normal day-to-day dispatch operations, is probably going to be the reason for lack of information. Is that correct @RTmed519 ?
From the information I received this *should* be the case. Secondary should be how “B” TG’s were used previously, and only used as overflow or incident usage.

RTmed519

Premium Subscriber
ISP Troop 10 talkgroups (former TGs 13A and 22A) are confirmed thanks to Broadcastify recordings this morning. Troop units are using "X" prefixes.
They should’ve just renamed District 10 to Troop 10. Then the units could keep their X identifiers.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
From the information I received this *should* be the case. Secondary should be how “B” TG’s were used previously, and only used as overflow or incident usage.

The old higher Districts "A" becomes the new "secondary", is that correct?

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Yes. Also, at least one "downstate" Troop is reportedly simulcasting traffic on both primary and secondary TGs.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Yes. Also, at least one "downstate" Troop is reportedly simulcasting traffic on both primary and secondary TGs.

I'll guess the radio folks haven't made it down there to program Primary and Secondary talkgroups on the radios. Sounds like some of the Troop 3 radios are in the same situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.