Starcom21 Offical thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

VASCAR2

IDOT TG's

I heard TG 8608 this morning and this appears to be a IDOT TG. I heard them say they put a sign back up on US 50 on site 302 Sumner. I suspect it is the crew from Olney or Lawrenceville DOT.

I also heard TG 8611 talking this morning about shutting down traffic at the bridge. This probably is IDOT as I heard TG 8610 a couple weeks ago after storms had gone through and IDOT was called out. I recognized voices and these people work out of the IDOT yard in Albion.

I haven't heard any low band traffic from IDOT in quite awhile, it appears they have transferred all their ops to SC 21 in SE Illinois.

I heard TG 8608 this morning and this appears to be a IDOT TG. I heard them say they put a sign back up on US 50 on site 302 Sumner. I suspect it is the crew from Olney or Lawrenceville DOT.

I also heard TG 8611 talking this morning about shutting down traffic at the bridge. This probably is IDOT as I heard TG 8610 a couple weeks ago after storms had gone through and IDOT was called out. I recognized voices and these people work out of the IDOT yard in Albion.

I haven't heard any low band traffic from IDOT in quite awhile, it appears they have transferred all their ops to SC 21 in SE Illinois.

Very good info! I see in the database that TG 8610 is "Greene County?" with a question mark. Did you submitt the correct info into the database and submitt the new talkgroups you found also? I underlined the new talkgroups for you.

I didn't put a post in the data base, you can if you want. I've never submitted anything in the past.

I submitted that info for you :D.

Warren County EMS on Starcom21

Did anybody catch Warren County EMS on Starcom21 tonight? I heard them get paged for a call about a female falling. I didnt catch the talkgroup becuase I was not looking at it when it went off. I dont know the TG #.

Did anybody catch Warren County EMS on Starcom21 tonight? I heard them get paged for a call about a female falling. I didnt catch the talkgroup becuase I was not looking at it when it went off. I dont know the TG #.

I got my question answerd in the RR DB. It is apperently Warren County Sheriff on TG# 5576. Thank you Tom for submitting it!

menkes

neww Elgin TG

This morning I heard Elgin Fire using TG 1557 conducting a training exercise. Training in a house that's to be torn down.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Starcom21

I just saw talk group 1557 is listed in those heard from tower 126 KANE County* back on May of 2014. It's listed in that long list of things "Misc System Information" at the top of the Starcom21 RRef page in "unidentified" talk groups... It only has it listed, doesn't say what it was. I'll have to plug that in the WS1080, I'm going to Elgin Saturday night to watch the Bulls Game. Thanks for talk group, I didn't even have it entered. Even If it's for training only I'll at least have it in there with the rest of Elgin IL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Unitrunker running on site 1-049 is showing me a neighboring site 1-015 - the old North Cook Simulcast - with an active control channel on 851.3000, which is currently part of the Lake County EDACS system. I don't have anything on the frequency here in Hoffman Estates so I can't check for site activity.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
That is listed as the primary control channel for the LCSO EDACS system. I know last year they loaned a frequency to StarCom21 for a few months.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...itlkiQBMxI1IpcA&bvm=bv.82001339,d.cWc&cad=rja

Also, the County Board recently authorized spending $10 million to switch over to a Phase II implementation on StarCom21 in 2016... maybe they're experimenting.

I'll check when I get home tonight and see what I hear.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Looks like the new WSCDC Elmwood Park/Park Ridge talkgroup is 25144. RIDs are in the 57464xx (listed in the wiki as Steger PD units, which I believe to be erroneous) and 57413xx range. Dispatch is using RID 410796. All encrypted on site 501, Phase I.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Unitrunker running on site 1-049 is showing me a neighboring site 1-015 - the old North Cook Simulcast - with an active control channel on 851.3000, which is currently part of the Lake County EDACS system. I don't have anything on the frequency here in Hoffman Estates so I can't check for site activity.

I checked last night, and the LC EDACS control channel was on LCN 5, 852.1250. I parked on 851.3000 for about an hour and just heard normal LCSO EDACS traffic.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
It would possibly be Tower 501-Cook North Simulcast cc=853.2625, its listed with the others on the Starcom list on this web site database along with the others Cook Co uses.....

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
It would possibly be Tower 501-Cook North Simulcast cc=853.2625, its listed with the others on the Starcom list on this web site database along with the others Cook Co uses.....

Not likely, those do not appear as neighboring sites to the rest of SC21.

I'm showing control channels of 851.3000, 852.4625, and 853.9875. The latter 2 are both used by the Lake County Simulcast site 108. 853.9875 is showing as active currently, but 115 is not showing as a peer to 149 for some reason, although Unitrunker is definitely getting a hit on the control channel. I can't receive a control channel on any of the above frequencies so I can't tell for sure whether it's TDMA or FDMA, but the bandplan indicates TDMA.

Please post new finding in the 2015 thread

COULD EVERYBODY PLEASE POST IN THE NEW 2015 THREAD PLEASE :D. And condisder the last post the last one for 2014. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.