Stark County Scanning. Encrypted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobr1956

Premium Subscriber
I have the Butel ARC96 software program. I'm selling one of my Radio Shack PRO96.Iv been told by a few people who own scanners that live in Canton Ohio the police/fire went encrypted and they no longer pick up much in the Canton area.Is that because they have old scanners? I live in the Summit County area and have no issues thanks to the software I purchased. If anybody from the that area can help.TY If I'm posting this in the wrong area sorry.

owenbricker

Stark co.

Canton, East Canton, and Louisville pd use enc. Perry twp.pd uses TRBO. everyone else looks in the clear. Check the stark co database.

N8IAA

Never mind. Saw you were asking owenbrricker.
Larry

Since Canton PD is Encrypted, No. Anything listed for the Canton/Stark county radio system that has an E next to a TGID won't be heard. Anything with a D next to it, can.
Larry

Bobr1956

Premium Subscriber
TY I'm glade I live in summit county and still get what I need. I wonder if a scanner will be out that will be able to pic up those E calls?

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
I believe Perry Twp PD is TRBO and Encrypted. Back when they first went llive with TRBO, a user had a feed posted that was run through a scanner and a computer using DSD. As a result of this, they decided to throw the switch to eccryption.

Firefox89

Premium Subscriber
TY I'm glade I live in summit county and still get what I need. I wonder if a scanner will be out that will be able to pic up those E calls?

There's a reason they made it encrypted... so people with scanners can't hear what they at doing... so the bad guys can't listen in. It is unfortunate with people like us who enjoy the hobby but I cannot blame them for the fact of officer safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.