Stark Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

kentman

Anyone know of a scanner page or app that picks up the Stark County Sheriff dispatch? All of the apps I have tried do not carry the sheriff.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Yes it is not so much a matter of finding an app that includes Stark SO but rather having someone with a digital scanner be a feed provider for this agency and then pretty much any scanner app could access it. I am currently the only feed provider for the Canton/Stark TRS and I only do fire/ems at this time.

kentman

Thanks for the replies. I know at one time someone streamed them, figured something must of happened.

I don't think I'll be sinking that kind of money just to listen to the agencies they dispatch for.

Thanks again.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Unfortunately many feeds come and go. Some people put up the feeds before they get everything programmed and running smoothly, then they loose interest trying to deal with the problems, and drop the feed entirely.

I had a friend who put up a feed three different times, but knew he had computer and ISP issues and they went offline permanently a week or so later each time.

I had had a couple smaller feeds prior to my current feed so I knew how the software and my computer worked and already had my scanner programmed.

When the city police feed became available on 3/25/2012 I jumped on it, and it just runs itself ever since. (They are due to go digital soon however so I have a digital scanner standing by).

I have regular listeners from around the world. It is usually in the top three feeds, at night that is.

Last edited:

xusmarine1979

Yeah, it would be great to hear the Sheriff. I got rid of my scanners a while back, and listen to these feeds quite often. If I get another digital one, I may set it up to where it will be all of the digital PD's in the county, and provide a live feed.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
If I had a second digital scanner, I would be willing to put digital PD on one channel and digital FD on the other. For now, though, I have alot of friends who listen to my FD feed and have no desire to hear PD.

kentman

Firefighter, you list quite a few scanners in your signature. Which one do you use for the stark system?

Status
Not open for further replies.