Starr County in Greater Austin/Travis Regional Radio System (GATRRS) Project 25 Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.

al95

I need to know if this Greater Austin/Travis Regional Radio System (GATRRS) Project 25 Phase I Austin could reach all the way to Starr County. In the database it was update today andit shows GATRRS on the Starr County Page click on it and never saw Starr County mention. Is this an error or is it true.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
As I stated in my response to your PM, the Starr County Sheriff's new P25 trunked radio system is, indeed, supposed to be connected to the Austin controller. I'm actually surprised this system, WQMI747, is not already up. The controllers are somewhat expensive and have the capacity to run large regional systems. The Austin controller is also connected to the Middle Rio Grande system and the systems in the lower Rio Grande to the west and north of Starr County. Once the Starr County site is reported up and the site number is ID'd it will be added to the site list on the GATRRS DB entry.

TxWARN is another system that is set up this way. The controller in Houston is connected to Parker County west of Fort Worth via a data circuit. This is around 300 miles away.

Russell

Last edited:

al95

Thanks for the response. This will be a large system. Will the new BCD436HP be able handle this system. My pro106 is full and cannot add new system ids for the rgvrs.
Thanks for the fast response I'm surprise to hear this.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

K5MPH

Brownsville Texas,On The Border By The Sea.
I need to know if this Greater Austin/Travis Regional Radio System (GATRRS) Project 25 Phase I Austin could reach all the way to Starr County. In the database it was update today andit shows GATRRS on the Starr County Page click on it and never saw Starr County mention. Is this an error or is it true.
Im hearing that this system and LRGVS is or going to be soon connected to a state wide system,and one hearing this also......

JoeTex1

Starr county

as far as i know Starr county has two Separate P25 trunked systems running ,one is a site tied to the RIo grade valley regional radio system RRS. and the other one is tied to gatrrs. tho they are patched via RR channels......but Technically all systems thats 24 trunking systems from all major Texas Metropolitan areas are all tied to austin..so in reality they are all a part of the GATRRS so it's kind of ironic to add that many systems under one heading..

OhSixTJ

Starr county is slow to get on the bandwagon. They took fed money for the upgrades but still transmit on a conventional analog channel.

JoeTex1

starr co.

what analog frequency would that be 158.85? not heard them in quite a while

OhSixTJ

what analog frequency would that be 158.85? not heard them in quite a while

That's the one. They've been on it for the past few months with a few days on the new system (im guessing) here and there. But otherwise 90% of the time they're on 158.85

JoeTex1

That's the one. They've been on it for the past few months with a few days on the new system (im guessing) here and there. But otherwise 90% of the time they're on 158.85

oh i see...and to what system do they jump on the one tha's tied to roma pd or the one tied to the rio grande valley?

OhSixTJ

oh i see...and to what system do they jump on the one tha's tied to roma pd or the one tied to the rio grande valley?

That I'm not sure of. Coincidently, they were not on 158 last night. Must have switched over to the P25 side this week. I know someone who knows the departments "radio guy" but the radio guy has a complex and won't share info.

nd5y

OhSixTJ

JoeTex1

That I'm not sure of. Coincidently, they were not on 158 last night. Must have switched over to the P25 side this week. I know someone who knows the departments "radio guy" but the radio guy has a complex and won't share info.

oh i see...i knew people that worked for south texas comm seems they were the ones that set up most of the systems in the rio grande valley .

JoeTex1

Awesome, I'll give them a listen.

those 700 mhz's frequencies may be tied to the regional radio system that links hidalgo cameron and willacy' counties..and may also be linked to the city of rio grande 800 mhz trs.

memo124

Starr County GATRRS

Here are the following using the Starr County GATRRS:

Roma Police 6524
Starr County Sheriff 6446

Other info on Starr County:

Starr County EMS uses the Lower Rio Grande Valley Regional Radio System (LRGVRRS) to communicate with local hospitals.

willfoster1

Im new to radioreference Im from starr county what scanner do I need to listen to frequencies in starr county I will really appreciate an answer or hidalgo county but especially starr county

OhSixTJ

Im new to radioreference Im from starr county what scanner do I need to listen to frequencies in starr county I will really appreciate an answer or hidalgo county but especially starr county

A regular scanner will get you the Starr SO but rio PD is on a trunked network. That requires a little more scanner than listening to the SO does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.