Starr Software problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

kf7yn

Hello all. I am having trouble getting a reply from Don Starr concerning a key for Win96. Is anyone else having problems or does anyone know if Don is unavailable, out of town, etc? It's been a couple of weeks since I first contacted him. No reply as of 6/17.

Thanks

scanjunkie

This seems to be an ongoing issue...Don is a very busy man...be patient, he will get back to you...he's a good guy!!
If you don't hear back in another day or two, try him again.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
I hate to say this but this seems to be an on going problem with Don lately. If he is too busy in life to take care of his business then he needs to consider closing shop. These are paying customers that he is leaving hanging and that is just not acceptable.

STiMULi

Well you never know, he could be working on the next new version of scanners :)

I'll have to say I recieved a response fairly quickly recently on my second try for a Key.

Try using a subject with lots of info in it as he probably get a ton of email!!!

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Almost every thread that's posted gets ended with "sorry, I see Don't message in my junk folder" or "AOL keeps rejecting." Don't make a blanket statement about Mr Starr unless you're VERY sure your claim is accurate.

OkRob

I bought a key from him about a month ago online, and got my key within minutes. I then had a technical question for him. I sent it very late at night and got a reply early the next morning.

His support is usually very good. Something is up for him to not be replying to messages much quicker than he apparently is. I hope all is okay with him.

- Rob

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
rdale said:
Don't make a blanket statement about Mr Starr unless you're VERY sure your claim is accurate.
Exactly, my date/time transactions for Win97 are as follows:
Code:
From PayPal 6/10/2006 @ 7:16 PM.   
From Win97  6/10/2006 @ 7:16 PM.
Win96 was received within the same day of purchase nearly 3 years ago.

kf7yn

Well I paid by PayPal too and of course I check my spam/junk folder. I buy and sell a lot with PayPal and never have email issues.

When I bought Win96 a couple years ago, I got a key the same day, no problem. Perhaps Don is busy doing other things, but it's disappointing to send money and get blown off. Obviously I'm not the only one experiencing problems.

My 23.5 ¢ worth.

wally1000

No Response From Starrsoft

I mailed a money order almost two weeks ago and have emailed Don twice....still no response. Win97 is a great program, but I took a gamble sending $25 to a person with no telephone contact number. I'm afraid my 30 day trial will expire before I get a reg key. Normally US mail from Seattle to Santa Clara only takes 2 days. I know that some of you have posted that Don is a busy man, but if I had a business and program such as his, I would do my very best to put customer service 1st! At least respond to emails that went to two different email addresses or hire an assistant if he's too busy. I'm starting to get that sinking feeling that I'm out $25!

Mark_Schwartz

Similar Issue with getting a response from Mr. Starr

I too have had a similar issue getting a response from Mr. Starr. I downloaded his trial of Win97. It works great for the most part. I did come upon a couple of issues. These issues all seem to happen after I've had the software running for awhile and performed a transfer or two. I will right-click a line item whether it be a channel or tg and select to delete it. It doesn't delete the item. If I shut the software down and restart it this function will usually start to work. The other issue I've run in to is after making some changes to my data I'll connect my cable and click Upload to Scanner from the pull-down. The software shuts down?! I can restart it and the upload will work but these issues are enough to be annoying. I too have sent several emails requesting assistance regarding these issues from Mr. Starr before paying for his software with no responses. Not the way to sell your software if you ask me. Anyone else experience these issues? I have had the exact same problems on both my desktop and laptop pc's which are both running Win2K with all the latest SP etc etc. TIA.

Mark

kc7vtr

FYI, On the Pro-96 mailing list Don posted that he had a computer crash plus (I think) some other problems that put him quite far behind.

Mark_Schwartz

Still No Answer

kc7vtr said:
FYI, On the Pro-96 mailing list Don posted that he had a computer crash plus (I think) some other problems that put him quite far behind.

I still have not received a reply from Mr. Starr. I just sent a final email to his address. I've seen different responses to the alternative, Scancat software. Is it really that bad for the PRO-97? Since Starr's software expired on me I haven't been able to do anything with my scanner the way I would like too and I'm getting tired of waiting. Opinions?

Mark

OkRob

If it were me, and I had sent money and not gotten any reply, I would do a WhoIs on his website, find a phone number for him there and try to call him. That may help since you can no longer use your software and you have paid for it.

- Rob

Mark_Schwartz

OkRob said:
If it were me, and I had sent money and not gotten any reply, I would do a WhoIs on his website, find a phone number for him there and try to call him. That may help since you can no longer use your software and you have paid for it.

- Rob

I never said I had paid for his software. I said I wanted a response before I PAID for his software. Thank you.

OkRob

Sorry! I should have read the entire thread again. In reading your post before my reply about being tired of waiting, I wrongly assumed you were one of those that had sent payment and not received your key.

I'll hush and let you solve your own problems.

When I bought software from Don, I received my keys immediately. :)

- Rob

Mark_Schwartz

OkRob said:
Sorry! I should have read the entire thread again. In reading your post before my reply about being tired of waiting, I wrongly assumed you were one of those that had sent payment and not received your key.

I'll hush and let you solve your own problems.

When I bought software from Don, I received my keys immediately. :)

- Rob

I just don't get it. How can someone ignore a request for help on something someone else is willing to send you money for? Doesn't make sense if you ask me.

Al42

Mark_Schwartz said:
I just don't get it. How can someone ignore a request for help on something someone else is willing to send you money for? Doesn't make sense if you ask me.
Maybe "On the Pro-96 mailing list Don posted that he had a computer crash plus (I think) some other problems that put him quite far behind." makes more sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.