Starrsoft For The PSR 500: Uploading To Scanner Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBRR

Hello,

Have a PSR 500.

Haven't used scanner in a few years, but am getting back into it.

Have installed what I believe is the latest Starrsoft revision for unit.

Have added a few new frequencies, and would like to, I believe the right term is "Upload", the
complete somewhat revised Starrsoft databases that I have into the Scanner.

I remember, sort of, all the problems I had many years ago in doing so.

But there now appears to be a simple, only, "upload To Scanner" option on the pull-down menu.

Has the Uploading been simplified, and this is this what I want to click on ?
Or,... ?

Any other steps, or selecting, that I might have to do also ?
Any hints and instructions for doing would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Have a PSR 500.

Haven't used scanner in a few years, but am getting back into it.

Have installed what I believe is the latest Starrsoft revision for unit.

Have added a few new frequencies, and would like to, I believe the right term is "Upload", the
complete somewhat revised Starrsoft databases that I have into the Scanner.

I remember, sort of, all the problems I had many years ago in doing so.

But there now appears to be a simple, only, "upload To Scanner" option on the pull-down menu.

Has the Uploading been simplified, and this is this what I want to click on ?
Or,... ?

Any other steps, or selecting, that I might have to do also ?
Any hints and instructions for doing would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

Yes, once you have the frequencies the way you want them in Win500, just hit the upload button.

Just be sure you have the proper drivers installed for the cable so that the computer can communicate with the scanner. Check in Windows Hardware Manager to be sure the cable has been assigned to a com port.

There is a good help file written out for Win500 here:

WIN500 - UtahRadio

BOBRR

To: fxdxcon: My Previous Post Re Starrsoft And PSR 500

Hello,

Thanks for help with Starrsoft and my PSR 500.

Once I do the "UpLoad" that uploads to the scanner from Starrsoft, does it then overwrite what I had in previously in the scanner as the main, working, memory, or do I have to go to the scanner and tell it do some kind of a Load (to have it use what I just UpLoaded) ? [like what I guess you have to do with the V Folders]

Thanks again,
Bob

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Thanks for help with Starrsoft and my PSR 500.

Once I do the "UpLoad" that uploads to the scanner from Starrsoft, does it then overwrite what I had in previously in the scanner as the main, working, memory, or do I have to go to the scanner and tell it do some kind of a Load (to have it use what I just UpLoaded) ? [like what I guess you have to do with the V Folders]

Thanks again,
Bob

The upload goes right to the working memory of the scanner.

The V folders are dealt with using a seprate procedure. From the top menu bar, click on "Scanner", then "Virtual Scanner"

The regular "upload" to the working memory DOES overwrite what is in the scanner, so to make changes to what is already in there, "Download" from the scanner first, then make any changes you want to that download in Win500, then "Upload" it back to the scanner.

You may also want to "Save" your work to the computer for safe keeping before exiting Win500.

You can also "Open" a file in Win500 that you have previously "Saved" to your computer, make your changes, and "Upload" that to the scanner.

Just remember that everytime you "Upload" to the scanner, the working memory is completely overwritten with what ever is in the new "Upload".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.