STARS agencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
He/she should use common sense. It seems to me the EMS coordinator may have a sub-agenda which may involve being on the local tv news. Is he/she so non-tech educated that he/she cannot use a cellphone? What he/she needs to do is immediately dial "777" to the appropriate VSP dispatcher. Report the incident, which will be faster than some private individual attempting to be "special" because he/she can contact a VSP trooper via a STARS radio immediately in case of an emergency. Additionally, the only Health Office's STARS radio is not available for use at the District Office. Bad idea..no, really bad idea!. He/she should get over it and move on.

The OEMS is a considered a response agency in the COV, and is also a regulatory agency (unlike the VDFP). Why NOT equip them with the means to communicate on STARS, especially since by law, they're the very agency responsible for the 35,000 EMT's responding to emergencies in the Commonwealth?

I having a hard time grasping your disdain for STARS and the PG County radio system planning and implementation...

trainman111

The OEMS is a considered a response agency in the COV, and is also a regulatory agency (unlike the VDFP). Why NOT equip them with the means to communicate on STARS, especially since by law, they're the very agency responsible for the 35,000 EMT's responding to emergencies in the Commonwealth?

I having a hard time grasping your disdain for STARS and the PG County radio system planning and implementation...

I agree. The entire point of STARS was to bring state agencies together on ONE radio system for interoperability. I don't understand why an argument is being made to essentially kick users off of STARS in lieu of using cell phone. That's the exact opposite of the reason the system came to fruition in the first place.

W4UVV

Any disdain I may have is for past poor management decisions for any entity my taxes help support. If you are interested in more history do RR searches related to early STARS installations not having enough vhf frequencies licensed (circa 2000) and a new UHF radio system for Prince George Co.

John
W4UVV

Status
Not open for further replies.