STARS and unitrunker with TRX/800

Status
Not open for further replies.

mejnetguru

I'm puzzled.
While trying to troubleshoot my TRX vs PSR LSM issues I hooked the TRX up to Unitrunker. I can pull in other P25 systems (i.e FFX P25) but STARS doesn't even get detected. But I have fair voice reception and a solid "T" on status bar in but zip in unitrunker. Flip over to my PSR-800, same thing: works great with Ffx P25 system, but is deaf to STARS while I can hear both systems clear as day.

Ideas on what's different with STARS so that unitrunker can't detect it at all?

troymail

Silent Key
I'm not 100% certain what is and isn't working based on your post.

Are the sites you are having issues with VHF?

Can you monitor the STARS system (hear voice) with the TRX and/or PSR800?

I'm curious if this thread is related to the problem you're seeing (stop reading at post #25 - it goes downhill and provides no value after that).

mejnetguru

STARS is VHF. Other systems I monitor are 800Mhz and have no problems with unitrunker seeing them. STARS is a gooseegg in Unitrunker

PSR-800 hears STARS voice (usually), my 1098 also (usually) hears STARS voice, the TRX is mostly no-hear anything STARS (and crap poor on other P25 systems). I've yet to get the TRX to work reliably on any P25 system even after much trial with DSP settings. This is a separate issue which really ticks me off since my "best" scanner is essentially "Deaf" to P25 which is my primary listen. Works fine on analog and DMR, don't know about NXDN since I don't have any of that to monitor.

None of these scanners has shown STARS data when IF is passed to unitrunker, but other P25 systems do pass data to unitrunker fine on all scanners. For troubleshooting I have only a single site programmed (CC only) and at one point, set it to a single CC freq essentially turning the scanner(s) into a simple radio, no unitrunker data.

Status
Not open for further replies.