STARS call sign WQFZ347 / 800Mhz question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pogbobo

on the STARS Site FCC Map it shows WQFZ347 has a tower in Culpeper county on 800Mhz ... now the freqs listed on the call sign do not correlate with any in the DB, including the mobile site

anyone have any ideas as to what these 800Mhz freqs are going to be used for? (shows active Jan 8 2010)

Additional sites for the call sign are HENRICO, APPOMATTOX, and WYTHE

I'm going to throw them all in a scanlist tonight and I'll post my results

pogbobo

so there is no control channel in the mix ... but I am def hearing P25 traffic on 866.0125 and 868.3375 both NAC 213

so far I can't relate what I'm hearing to either Richmond on STARS (Fork Mtn) or Culpeper and Fairfax divisions on conventional ...

I'd love some help on this one :D

edit: just heard a traffic stop in Prince William county, found the intersection on google maps ... now PW is covered by Div 7 right? or 2? either way I can get both divisions on the conventional channels, but i didnt hear the coresponding traffic on those freqs ... whats going on here

edit: FAIL on my part, 868.3375 is part of Prince William TRS ... why would they license the freq to two agencies that close together? I must be going crazy ............. FCC Licenses for 868.3375 in the State of VA

Last edited:

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
AFAIK, all that STARS 800 repeaters are for the Transportable Communications Site (Trailer). It's been used at a few events in the last few years. There's a different set of frequencies licensed for each division and it also includes the 800 mutual aid stuff as well.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

Status
Not open for further replies.