STARS in Nova

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtab55

i noticed that STARS now has Division 7 talkgroups. Does that mean it has a site already? I can't seem to hit any of the sites listed already. Thanks

DTAB55

dtscho

Database Admin
As far as I know, there are no active towers in the Northern VA area. (Someone who lives up there please correct me if I'm wrong.) The two talkgroups that are listed for Division 7 showed up recently on the Thornburg and Fork Mountain sites. The comms seemed more accidental in nature than anything--definitely not a full-time simulcast of the legacy freqs (159.0000 and 159.1350).

Dave

Last edited:

freqhopping

No active sites in NOVA. They're still working on the microwave part of the system from what I can gather. They will eventually be using the existing KNAA586 towers in Arlington, Fairfax, Independent Hill, Quantico and Hogback Mountain.

Airakis

Premium Subscriber
update to stars

Check the state police website, its kept up to date of when frequencies will be active...ill list them below but they continue to change.
As of April 21 2008:
Operational Stages:

* Richmond (Division One) was operational as of December, 2005. Construction of an additional site which is being added to enhance coverage will begin April, 2008 once all regulatory approvals have been received.
* Chesapeake (Division Five) was fully operational as of March, 2008.
* Culpeper (Division Two) is projected to be completed and the Division operational by October, 2008.
* Fairfax (Division Seven) is projected to be operational February, 2009 including a unified dispatch center with Fairfax County and VDOT.
* Salem (Division Six) is projected to be operational April, 2009.
* Appomattox (Division Three) is projected to be operational November, 2009.
* Wytheville (Division Four) is projected to be operational December, 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.