STARS Lee County Frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfhtm350

Im picking up frequency 152.0675 P25:190 in East TN. There is no frequency in the database with these numbers. The best I can figure is it may be a voice channel for the STARS site in Lee County on Hunters Gap.

Can someone confirm that's what it is, or maybe know what it is?
I might have misunderstood but they had an accident on Falls Mills Rd or Falls Mills.

W4UVV

152.0675 mhz.

Im picking up frequency 152.0675 P25:190 in East TN. There is no frequency in the database with these numbers. The best I can figure is it may be a voice channel for the STARS site in Lee County on Hunters Gap.

Can someone confirm that's what it is, or maybe know what it is?
I might have misunderstood but they had an accident on Falls Mills Rd or Falls Mills.

Although not confirmed recently by a Pro96com analysis of the Hunter's Gap site the NAC is correct and 152.0675 mhz. most likely is a voice frequency for Hunter's Gap.

If you can run Pro96com software the Hunter's Gap primary control channel is 152.6975 mhz. The alternate CC is 152.6525 mhz. Possibly you can id one or two more voice frequencies.

jfhtm350

I run pro96com or unitrunker when I can, but the signal comes and goes. Not a good enough signal from the CC for me to use it. I am in between Morristown and Knoxville TN right on the Southwest corner of Cherokee Lake which I believe is why I can pick up alot of signals that direction. Sometimes I can pick up KY State Police, VA State Police, Wise Co VA, Western Side of NC, but I have a hard time picking up trunking systems in Knox Co, the next county to the west of me because of a hill behind my house.

Are you saying you just ran pro96com and checked the frequencies and that one is not showing up?
If not it may be from one of the other county sites nearby such as wise or tazewell or washington co.

I also have another one that I dont know where it is from and maybe you do, but Im guessing it is from the STARS system. It is a voice channel.
161.9100 NAC 190

Thanks for the replies by the way.

W4UVV

ok...My family home is Bristol and I graduated from UT Knoxville so I have a good idea as to your general location and sporatic reception from Hunter's Gap is understandable. As you know without a quality cc signal using Pro96com won't work. I thought you were located in upper East TN portion in the Greeneville/Johnson City/Kingsport area.

Earlier this year when Hunter's Gap site became operational but not completely configured a Pro96com analysis was done to id the primary and alternate cc frequencies. At that time the radio techs were configuring all VSP Div 4 sites and voice channels for Hunter's Gap had not been configured. Another updated analysis needs to be done for Hunter's Gap and other Div 4 sites.

161.9100 mhz. possibly could be a second voice frequency for Hunter's Gap as again the NAC is correct. VSP Division 4 headquarters is in Wytheville, VA.

Because originally there were not enough vhf frequencies licensed to Va. for all STARS sites the FCC granted letter authorization to use selected 151-152 mhz. frequencies. Additionally selected 161 mhz. frequencies previously for vhf maritime shore to ship comms no longer used in Va. were licensed to the state and are used at various STARS sites.

jfhtm350

Would all the sites listed for the VA STARS have the same NAC of 190? If so that would make it very difficult to find which site a voice channel is coming from. You would have to use Pro96com and I do not see a duplicate CC or AC channel within the whole system so you would know what voice channel belongs to what CC site.

Here is a total of the ones I have picked up, all with NAC 190:

152.69750 Hunters Gap, Lee Co Control Channel
152.03750 High Knob Mtn, Wise Co Control Channel
152.06750 Voice Channel from ?
161.90000 Voice Channel from ?

Maybe someone will break out their Pro96com software and find the rest of these channels and update the database. Maybe the admin will add the 190 NAC to the database so people can identify which system they are running upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.