STARS PRO96COM file

Status
Not open for further replies.

John

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have a data file from PRO96COM for the Virginia STARS system? I am not in range of the system and am trying to do some research on how it works. I would like a file with a couple of days transmissions. One tower site should be sufficient but more than one would be better.

I looked on the PRO96COM Yahoo group and there was a folder for STARS files but I didn't see any actual files in the archive.

You can email me directly at powersjohn@iname.com

Thanks,

John

gcgrotz

Hi John:

I don't have a Pro96, but I can tell you that there has been TONS of discussion on this forum over the last 2 years about STARS. Dig around and look for STARS in the thread title and you can probably find what you need. Find a couple of the most active posters and search their posting history. There was also a lot of info in the Alaska group, they have a similar system there, and they contributed to the VA knowledge base.

Good luck!

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure what to send to you. I have 3 "notepad" programs in my files section. Is this what you want, or is there something better? I'm just getting started w/ pro96com and haven't read all of the directions, but it is up and running.

I'm only able to monitor the Fork Mountain site because of my location. I'm not showing any adjacent site info or anything that I am assuming that would occur if STARS was rolled out in this area.

Todd

John

Premium Subscriber
FMON sent me a set of data files from a tower in his area. They contained what I was looking for. Now just have to wait for STARS to come to an area near me.... maybe someday.

John

gcgrotz

FMON sent me a set of data files from a tower in his area. They contained what I was looking for. Now just have to wait for STARS to come to an area near me.... maybe someday.

John

It will be coming, John. I have heard that the radio techs in that area have been going to schools on it.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I started running pro96com shortly after John made his request. I hadn't really looked at it before, but it's a real interesting program.

I'm limited w/ what I can monitor on STARS, as I'm only in range of the Fork Mt. tower. So far, it looks like I have 27 talk-groups and 81 users that have been affiliated w/ Fork Mt. I did have a hit or 2 on Louisa's CC in the past, so I may play around with that one day and see if I can find a good location to get it again.

I'm just wondering what the systems look like in the Richmond and HR area. I'm also starting to see that what I receive depends on who is affiliated with the site.

Also, does STARS show any adjacent tower information? I haven't logged any as of yet.

Todd

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I started running pro96com shortly after John made his request. I hadn't really looked at it before, but it's a real interesting program.

I'm limited w/ what I can monitor on STARS, as I'm only in range of the Fork Mt. tower. So far, it looks like I have 27 talk-groups and 81 users that have been affiliated w/ Fork Mt. I did have a hit or 2 on Louisa's CC in the past, so I may play around with that one day and see if I can find a good location to get it again.

I'm just wondering what the systems look like in the Richmond and HR area. I'm also starting to see that what I receive depends on who is affiliated with the site.

Also, does STARS show any adjacent tower information? I haven't logged any as of yet.

Todd
During my early testing it did show adjacent tower data but don't see any nowadays.

I sent (to your regular email) the file John has for Hampton tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.