STARS site frequency usage distribution

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc4jgc

Something I hadn't really noticed until recently (sort of), then confirmed by running Pro96Com from about noon Easter (4/5) through now. This data is from the Virginia Beach site.

There is a primary frequency the controller will send comms to if it is not in use. By light years, at this site 152.1425 is the frequency most used with the controller sending comms there 15,642 times through 0146 this morning (4/12). Distant second is 152.8025 with 3,833 hits. 152.0375 is third in line with 468 hits. Barely used at all over the over eight days were 151.3775 with 19 hits; 151.3025 with 15 hits.

For some reason there were 10 hits on the control frequency 152.5175. Don't understand that one; should that only been only 1 hit?
Anyway, for me that was interesting enough I thought I'd share the data.

Not related but I was surprised by the appearance TG 6747, which, according to the RRDB should be the Traffic Operations Center in northern Virginia. from 4/9 at 0748 through 4/10 at 1229, RID 36702 showed up 61 times on the VB site affiliating with that TG! It was the only radio to affiliate here on that TG. Someone from there visiting the Hampton Roads TOC? If so, why would it key up 61 times in 29 hours? Was the person talking back to NOVA with Pro96Com only logging this side of the conversation? Or was his radio trying to affiliate back to NOVA without success?

Another oddity was the appearances of patches that would appear for anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes, then terminated. Any insight on this?

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Something I hadn't really noticed until recently (sort of), then confirmed by running Pro96Com from about noon Easter (4/5) through now. This data is from the Virginia Beach site.

-...-

For some reason there were 10 hits on the control frequency 152.5175. Don't understand that one; should that only been only 1 hit?
Anyway, for me that was interesting enough I thought I'd share the data.

Anytime the controller 'burps', it will break the transmission and re-establish. Could be redundant controllers swapping on a schedule or commanded by the network operations center.

Not related but I was surprised by the appearance TG 6747, which, according to the RRDB should be the Traffic Operations Center in northern Virginia. from 4/9 at 0748 through 4/10 at 1229, RID 36702 showed up 61 times on the VB site affiliating with that TG! It was the only radio to affiliate here on that TG. Someone from there visiting the Hampton Roads TOC? If so, why would it key up 61 times in 29 hours? Was the person talking back to NOVA with Pro96Com only logging this side of the conversation? Or was his radio trying to affiliate back to NOVA without success?

Sounds to me like a NOVA visitor to VB, monitoring traffic on the TG.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.