STARS unknown Talk Group: 6703

Status
Not open for further replies.

tafloyd

Premium Subscriber
I'm currently receiving some audible communications on TG 6703. I'm receiving this from the tower on Ft. Lewis Mountain in Roanoke. There are two guys communicating about general topics and I can't determine what agency it is associated with. They are currently driving in two separate vehicles near Roanoke. Is anyone else receiving the TG or know anything about it? . I've got recordings if anyone wants to hear.

tafloyd

Premium Subscriber
More information...

The two guys on the radio started talking about "inspections" this could possibly be the Virginia Dept. of Health or Virginia Dept. of Professional & Occupational Regulation.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Have also seen 5047 but not identifiable.

2038 and 2112 have been showing up and are confirmed CR Dispatch TGs but unknown what/where. Just units going on and off duty.

All "Sierra" units and in the 100 range of units.

Strange thing is sometimes it has dispatch but mostly its mobile units only like an input freq on conventional.

Not talk or tac, but units calling into dispatch on and off duty just no reply from dispatch. Confirmed on Pro96com as no dispatch too.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
2113 has been active all day and still is tonight. RID 11843 has identified itself as CR Alleghany Dispactch.

2112 also active again.

Seem to have multiple dispatches/disptachers on channel.

Also hearing CR 128 for example as what appears to be a dispatcher. Other units as well with that type of ID being called Dispatch by units calling in. Using ID in replying and dispatching calls etc.

Almost seems like the dept. has just switched over to STARS because I've never heard them like this and actually rarely hear much at all out of them before now.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Lets see, couple of new things.

DOF Ops 5 channel is called "Western Ops" Have heard Charlottesville a number of times as a control station. Yesterday heard "Abington Base" RID 69029 and unit "Lynchburg 4" RID 17101.Also several other DOF RIDs of units but didn't get unit number off them.

Heard SW Road Assist for first time out here where I'm at. TG 5280 Dispatch RID 69508 Unit 165 RID 27796

DCR 2050 is apparently channel "Law Enforcement 4" Heard a couple units stating they were going to be switching from LE 4 to LE 6.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
DOF Ops 3 is apparently called Central Ops. Unit referred to it as C-Ops repeatedly. Charlottesville 69027 dispatch and unit sounded like Herron or Herrin 1 at 18203. TG 3028

CR Douthat Dispatch really active today on 2113. Operations drill again??

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
I think that might be Meherrin, like the river.

Thanks appreciate the info, sometimes its very difficult for me to make out exactly what they are saying even replaying it multiple times.

One of them sounded like Wench 4 and replaying it I got Winch 4 and finally could make out Lynch 4 which I took for an abbreviated form of Lynchburg. :)

Thank God for the "Record" feature on these new scanners. Gives you a number of samples most times to work from.

Status
Not open for further replies.